Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.6 Multipoint Calls on TP Endpoints

bobby.jacob
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

We have a Profile series sets and EX90 endpoints which needs to be configured on Call Manager 8.6. I know that it can be add as a device directly from CUCM 8.6 onwards. If i need to do a Multipoint call between by profile65's and EX90's, how can it be achieved?

We also has 9971 phones.

Can i use a MCU, and use as HW Conference bridge in CUCM? Can anyone share a document on this?

Thanks

Bobby

20 Replies 20

Hello Alok,

I tried with H323 but was not able to dial the Conference Number, so i removed the MCU Bridge on CUCM and created SIP trunk on CUCM towards MCU.

Now iam able to have conferences by dialing the Conference digits created on MCU.

We will wait till the next release of Software for the adhoc and meetme conferences.

I have a small query, iam able to dial to PSTN calls(audio calls) from my 99XX , but not able to dial from EX or Profiles?

Can i configure to allow Audio calls to PSTN from EX?

Bobby

Hi,

We got MCU 5310 registered on CUCM 8.6.2 as a Telepresense conference Bridge , and added the MCU to the (at the end) media resource group and Media resource group list , but still unable to make a multiparty video call with using three jabber clients who has the same MRGL ,

please advice ,

Thanks

Purna

Hi all,

This is also something I'm looking forward to doing...

We have TP endpoints (EX90s and MX200s) registered on CUCM 8.6.2 natively. Also, the 4505 MCU is registered to the CUCM as a conference bridge.

Unfortunately, we're not able to escalate point-to-point video calls to multipoint calls, on video endpoints.

Is this still not supported, or are we missing anything?

Hi ,

This is for your info ...

I was able to make a video conference using jabber clients after upgrading the CUCM to latest that was 8.6.2 22000-9

while a point to point jabber call is going on , that jabber user can conference the third party , and all three parties are in the same video conference..

is that what you trying to do ?

jabber : 9.1

CUCM :8.6.2 22000 -9 latest

MCU 5310 registered as conference bridge and in the MRGL

Hi Purna,

What I'm trying to do is not the same, but very similar, as we're using TP endpoints instead of Jabber.

The CUCM version is above 8.6.2.21020, as we have MX300 in the supported endpoints list, without requiring a .cop installation, but I'll need to check the exact version. And, our MCU is 4500 series, instead of 5300. But, other than these, the topology seems to be very much like what you have.

The problem:

1) We can't do CUCM provisioning, as MX300 and EX90 with TC/TE6 software seems to require phone configuration files signed by CUCM (as in .cnf.xml.sgn) but we really don't want to mess with the production CM cluster, unless very necessaray. So we went on with manual provisioning of the SIP profiles on the endpoints, at least for now. (I'm not sure if this is a relevant issue or not.)

2) That said, our endpoints don't seem to have the means to "merge" two calls. Ie;

- I dial TP-B from TP-A as call-1

- I get call-1 on hold and dial TP-C from TP-A

- What I get is "swap", instead of "merge" on the interface.

- If I try to "add" a second device during a call is ongoing, I can only establish an audio call (which is something I'd expect, without an MCU).

For this, we just created device definition on CUCM for TP endpoints, and configured endpoints SIP profiles with External Manager IP address and URI, as well as setting SIP server type to Cisco.

If you can share what you did, in terms of configuration, it would be very nice, to see if we're missing something. (All current Cisco documentation seem to rely on CUCM provisioning, which as stated, is something we're having problem doing.)

And, if you (or anyone else) had any succcess / have any information on using DSP3 based conference bridge resources on CUCM for creating ad-hoc conferences through TP endpoints, I'd be glad to hear that...

Emre

Hi All,

I have  1X LIC-5300-4PL license, how many participant can be in a conference with this license.

I know this license will have 1 Full HD 2 HD and 4 SD prots, so ports menas participant?/

Thanks in advance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: