cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM phonebook EX60/EX90

Joshua Hoag
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to get the CUCM directory to work on my EX60/EX90 endpoints.  I am running TC5.0 on my end points and they are registered to a VCS.  I have tried changing the phone book on the endpoints to use CUCM and I put in the standard directory URL 

http://xxx:8080/ccmcip/xmldirectory.jsp where xxx is the ip address of my CUCM publisher.

When I check the application logs on the EX60/EX90 I see the following error 

Phonebook !ER CUCMHttp failure: '<Protocol failure>'(No error)

I see this error in the touchmenu log.

endeavour touchmenu: WARNING :  Error from phonebook search: "CUCMHttp failure: '<Protocol failure>'(No error)"

Has anyone ever gotten this to work? If so what's the trick? Thanks
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Yes this is true as far as I know too.

If on VCS you will have to use TMS phonebooks, if on CUCM you will get the CUCM phonebooks.

This has been raised to product management as a requirement before so I hope we will see some development on this in the future but I do not have any further information at present.

If you CUCM is 8.6.1 or greater you could register the EX endpoints to it directly and then you will get the phonebook.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

vivsing2
Level 1
Level 1

I tried in our lab with EX90 TC5 and CUCM 8.6 and when ex90 registered as native device, it got it's phonebook.

Thanks

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

i think you can only provide phonebook service via TMS !!!

Yes this is true as far as I know too.

If on VCS you will have to use TMS phonebooks, if on CUCM you will get the CUCM phonebooks.

This has been raised to product management as a requirement before so I hope we will see some development on this in the future but I do not have any further information at present.

If you CUCM is 8.6.1 or greater you could register the EX endpoints to it directly and then you will get the phonebook.

Thanks.

vivsing2
Level 1
Level 1

I tried in our lab with EX90 TC5 and CUCM 8.6 and when ex90 registered as native device, it got it's phonebook.

Thanks

Joshua Hoag
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the info guys.

Hi Joshua,

You need to enable cisco used data service from cisco unified serviceablity on CUCM. 

after which you can find url on endpoint like    https://10.65.66.231:8443/cucm-uds/users   on phonebook server config. 

You can get the H323 registered on VCS and provision CUCM for sip for the endpoints.

Please let me know if this worlks for you.

Thanks,

Amlesh

Zawlatt456
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the same problem too. I already have the EX90 registered to the CUCM but i am not getting the directory on my tc5 endpoint.

Do i need to enable in the ex90 profile in the cucm and on the TC5 endponit?

Hi,

I got the phone book working but now i don't want the endpoint to download all the uses info from the CUCM. anybody knows how to limit that? is it with the Presence group under User Management>End User ????