Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CUCM V8.6.2a install on UCS 210 M2

I having major issues with NTP and subscriber as per below when installing subscriber toward the end of the install I get this error message.

VMware ESXI 5.0.0

UCS C210 M – VM server Publisher

UCS C210 M – VM server Subscriber

NTP – we are using internal windows NTP server which I think could be a bad mojo.

The CUCM publisher installs complete fine with NTP sync

Show network statuscluster and show utlis ntp status - Publisher

Pub.bmp

Error in Subscriber install -

sub.bmp

What I have checked and tested –

• Clean new re-install of Publisher and Subscriber and VM’s
  • I have checked the publisher configuration for that sub ,also the hostname/ip address of publisher is correct
  • Tired this I cannot figure out when ESXi decides to enable this feature and when to disable it. So, to be on the safe side, open the .vmx file for your VM and make sure that the following line is contained anywhere in that file: tools.syncTime = "false" alternatively, the syntax could be: tools.syncTime = "FALSE" or perhaps even tools.syncTime = "0" I have seen all three versions with the lower case in quotation marks used by ESXi, and the upper case used by Fusion. I believe that all VMWare versions understand any variation in the syntax of this command, though. If your .vmx file has the following command: tools.syncTime = "true" or tools.syncTime = "TRUE" or even tools.syncTime = "1", you will have to modify it. If your .vmx file does not contain this command at all, you will have to add it like this: tools.syncTime = "false" or use any variation of the syntax shown above.

Any Thoughts please.

Many Thanks

Neelesh

Everyone's tags (5)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super Bronze

Hi

1) You cannot sync an NTP client to an SNTP server, which is what Windows is... so don't try :-)

2) You can install an NTP server on your windows server if you like (http://www.meinberg.de/english/sw/ntp.htm)

3) Run 'utils ntp status' on the CLI of the pub. If it's not synced, nothing will sync to it.

4) Once you have the pub sycned to something, the sub should sync up fine.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
2 REPLIES
Super Bronze

Hi

1) You cannot sync an NTP client to an SNTP server, which is what Windows is... so don't try :-)

2) You can install an NTP server on your windows server if you like (http://www.meinberg.de/english/sw/ntp.htm)

3) Run 'utils ntp status' on the CLI of the pub. If it's not synced, nothing will sync to it.

4) Once you have the pub sycned to something, the sub should sync up fine.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron

Thank you for quick response, I think I am going to  configure a Cisco router to synchronise its software clock from external  NTP server, and the router to act as an NTP server the internal network devices, ensuring all devices are synchronised.

Your thoughts please

Many Thanks

Neelesh

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content