cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM, VCS-Core and Edge, B2B Calling

Andrew M12
Level 1
Level 1

I have CUCM ver 9.1(2) and VCS 8.1.1 in my environment, the VCS-C and VCS-E are currently setup to do MRA which is working fine for the vpn-less Jabber.

We also have a number of SX series Telepresence codecs dotted about which are registered to the CUCM and used for internal video conferencing, now the company is wanting the ability for outside video conferencing so need to setup the B2B capability (licencing has been sorted out already for Rich Media Sessions)

I've been ploughing through a number of docs on this, I have not found one yet specifically for CUCM registered devices and VCS doing nothing but firewall traversal, so the guides I've been working from are for enabling CUCM registered devices to talk to VCS registered devices and just taking relevant bits such as Neighbour zones and SIP trunks from it.

Does anyone know of a guide specifically for the direction Cisco appear to want us to go, which is Telepresence devices registered to CUCM and the VCS just doing firewall traversal.

Or a guide on the firewall traversal part only and I can tack it on to my notes from the other adapted guides.

My current notes have the following tasks I think I need to do to get this working

- setup partition and CSS on the CUCM for Telepresence calls

- setup SIP trunk on CUCM pointing to Expressway-C (have subnotes on requirments for SIP Trunk Security profile and the SIP Profile)

- SIP route pattern(s) on the CUCM pointing to the SIP trunk

- Enterprise parameters on the CUCM such as Cluster FQDN, Organization Top Level Domain and URI Lookup Policy

- On the VCS-C a neighbour zone pointing to the CUCM

- Search rule to route inbound calls to CUCM neighbour zone

Is this looking correct so far?  If so then what else will I need to in relation to traversal zones and VCS-E call routing to get calls in and out the business?

thanks in advance

Tigre

21 Replies 21

Update as promised. This is now working, there was a minor configuration error which I'll highlight here to save other people any stress on deploying this

When setting up the SIP trunk for B2B purposes in a number of documents it mentions if you have MRA then be sure to use a different port than the default SIP ports 5060 so this is what I did choosing to use port 5560

In fact what you need to do is on the SIP Trunk Security profile change the port, so I had 5560

On the Expressway neighbour zone you must change the port so again 5560

But on the actual SIP trunk on the CUCM you must still keep it as port 5060

Here's an alright guide for setting up MRA and B2B, if you check out the bottom of page 29 you will see the discussion on why to not use 5060 if MRA is in play. Also it goes on to show you how to configure the SIP Trunk Security profile and then the SIP trunk itself, and the only mention of having port 5060 on the SIP trunk is a small screenshot on page 31

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/solutions/CVD/Collaboration/Feb2014/CVD-CollabEdgeUsingBE6000-Apr14.pdf

Well done for a great job! The link attached is absolutely fantastic. Thanks for sharing your knowledge here, I am sure I am not the only one who will benefit immensely from this. This is why I love the forum, people like you make it a world "serious" UC guys like myself cant live without

Please rate all useful posts

No problem

The guide has the Mobile Remote Access stuff also, so it is nice to have both in the same place.

When I did the MRA stuff months ago I used this guide here

Mobile-Remote-Access-via-Expressway-Deployment-Guide-X8-1-1

And just like the B2B it didn't quite work, so here is a thread on that in case anyone is interested in MRA also and are having issues

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12200046/mobile-remote-access-expressway-inactive-jabber

Hi Everyone!

Tigre, I've followed all Expressway docs and put in practice your tips and got everything working fine for MRA and SIP B2B calls.

My concearn know is how to address the need to also have H323 B2B calls for the legacy environments dialing by IP addresses from our TelePresence Endpoints, without needing to change the default protocol from SIP<--> H323 back and forth, I mean, without unregistering them from CUCM.

I think that CUCM would receive the call in SIP URI format, send to Exp-C, then goes throught traversal zone to Exp-E, and then have a transform to change from SIP URI to only IP address and make the interworking with H323. 

We are running:

CUCM 10.0

Exp-C / Exp-E 8.2.2

Sx20 TC7.0

Do you have any ideas of how to get this working?

Thanks!

Daniel

Yup sure, follow the recommendations in this link and you will have IP address dialling real quick

FYI I used option 1 with his additional pondering further down the page which is to use two SIP route patterns of 1.0.0.0/1 and 128.0.0.0/1, can confirm this works fine doing it that way and can dial any IP address I like in the format ip@x.x.x.x.

http://www.ucguerrilla.com/2014/02/cisco-telepresence-endpoints-and-ip.html

Tigre,

That´s what we call Collaboration! hehe

Everything working fine!

Thanks for your help!

Rgds,

Daniel

Tigrepojke,

If you have time for a tandem question, would you mind dropping me a note at stephanie.knoop@agilent.com?  Thank you.

Response Signature