Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Default IP gateway + SSH on VCS?

So I performed an upgrade to X7.1 on a remote VCS today and it dumped its config, coming up with the default IP of 192.168.0.100 (damnit!).  I confifugred a 192.168.0.1 on the locally connected router and can ping the VCS from the router, but not from anywhere else, I suspect due to the default gateway being something other than 192.168.0.1.

Does anyone know what the default value is for the default gateway on VCS?

I can't SSH locally from the router as it gives me this error message: Connection to <VCS IP> aborted: error status 0.  I get this error when I try to SSH from a router to my working VCS too so it appears that you can't SSH from routers to VCS(?).  Note that I've tried the different SSH versions and hash algorithms etc.  I can SSH fine from Putty to my working VCS hwoever.

Due to this VCS being in a different city, I can't just plug a laptop in - I either need to be able to SSH locally from the router or use the correct default gateway so I can use my PC to SSH to it.

Any help would be much appreciated

1 Reply 1

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There might not be a gateway configured, and as you have upped the config you should know :-)

So its eitherthe one you configured or the old one (ok which could also be none).

If its the old one it will not work if it would be outside the subnet range.

SSH v1 is not supported, so you want to use SSH v2.

Thats might help you as well:

debug1: kex: server->client aes128-cbc hmac-md5 none

debug1: kex: client->server aes128-cbc hmac-md5 none

debug1: Server accepts key: pkalg ssh-dss blen 434

I would do NAT on the interface towards the VCS that could also help and next

time consider having remote access to the serial port and be careful what to paste into the box

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: