cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Device URI field in TMS

rfrome
Level 1
Level 1

I have a situation where a customer had an existing VCS C/E and TMS in the US. They added a new VCS C/E in Asia. The US systems have the domain customer.com and the new VCS in Asia use to apac-vc.customer.com.

In TMS, (they are still using TMS Agent, not PE) the Movi/Jabber clients are all configured, and use the Device URI of {username}.movi@customer.com.

The only way I could get a Jabber client to register to the VCS in Asia was to change that device URI to apac-vc.customer.com.

Is there a way to add a secondary Device URI in TMS? Or is there some translation I can do in VCS to either allow all movi/Jabber accounts to register as .customer.com?

thanks,

rob

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ahmashar
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Rob,

you can create different subzones and register jabber clients based on their subnet ip addresses.

Also depending what SIP domain you defined in VCS, you can register your jabber/Movi clients based on that SIP domains.

you can use CPL to alter the domain names coming in for registration.

BR, Ahmad

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

ahmashar
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Rob,

you can create different subzones and register jabber clients based on their subnet ip addresses.

Also depending what SIP domain you defined in VCS, you can register your jabber/Movi clients based on that SIP domains.

you can use CPL to alter the domain names coming in for registration.

BR, Ahmad

Ahmed,

thanks for the suggestions on the CPL. I'm not really that comforatable with them at this point. Can you provide and example of how you could change domain.com to apac.domain.com?

thx,

rf

HI rfrome,

CPL is certainly NOT a speciality of mine, but in fact I am looking to do a similar thing. However, I have had a quick look at the VCS Admin guide, and in the Appendices (page 353) there is an example CPL script to change a domain name.

This script will change a attempt to dial in the original SIP address, then if it fails, will fail back to an alternative domain.

In our case, I'm not sure if I want it to even attempt to dial the original domain and would simply like to change the domain 'carte blanche' as it were. However, this may give you a start.

Chris

DO NOT take this as gosple in any way, but mybe somthing like :

xmlns:taa="http://www.tandberg.net/cpl-extensions"

xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"

xsi:schemaLocation="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:cpl cpl.xsd">

1@apac.domain.com">