Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Dialling out to an IP address from a Conductor managed TPS

Have an interesting problem where a customer needs to schedule calls to participants that are only reachable by IP address.

It would appear that this isn't going to work when scheduling with TMS using a Conductor with a Meda 320 TPS. TMS reports that it cannot set up the conference when selecting the "Connection Settings" tab.

The alternative then, would be to have the external IP users dial-in - however they cannot dial URIs. On the old MCU software, I could have pointed these users at the MCU auto attendant - but there isn't one on the the TPS.

Any thoughts on how to bring these external users into a Conductor scheduled conference on a TP server?

Thanks

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re:Dialling out to an IP address from a Conductor managed TPS

The IP address one sounds familiar...thinking this was brought up before, so Id have to go find it.

External endpoint dialing in. Whats the far end system? Can the system dial number@ip_of_e and use transform to add @domain and then do the search? May be a good way, but maybe not if the far end system cant do it.

VR
Patrick

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Could you set up a transofrm or search rule on your VCS-E so that if it recieved a SIP URI with a specific dummy domain, it stripped the domain?

e.g.

String: (.*)@ip-dialling.com

Transform: \1

It would be a bit of a pain, but this would essentially allow you to dial an IP address by putting @ip-dialling.com at the end of every IP you wanted to dial to from TP server.

VIP Purple

You could setup an entry in TMS, be it through the phone book, room system, or whatever you choose with a dummy address.  Then setup a call policy on the VCS that matches that address and converts it to IP.  It's similar to what Nick mentioned above, but it's another suggestion.

Thanks Nick, Patrick

I'll try Nick's approach as it will solve a few other problems too.

Presumably the total address would look like sip:10.3.3.3@dummydoman.com, so I'd also need to transform the sip: portion of the address as well?

I'll report back once I've given it a go.

Thanks again

Re: Dialling out to an IP address from a Conductor managed TPS

I mostly use search rules instead of transforms, but at least for those in my experience you don't need to translate the "sip:" portion of it.

As an example, I often transform a SIP URI of E164@domain - e.g. 1234@cisco.com to an H323 E164 - e.g. 1234.

In order to transform this, I just go:

Regex String: (\d+)@.*

to:

Replace with: \1

This approach works fine with search rules and I assume the logic is the same for transforms.

Views
Helpful
Replies