cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disabling Call History

Anthony Thomson
Level 3
Level 3

Is there a way to disable the Call History on the Touch 8 (attached to a c-series or ex-series unit)?

What about the Call History in Jabber Video for Telepresence?

I've a client that would like to do this, in order to discourage return calls in certain parts of their environment.  I realize that the better way to do this would actually be CPL, but it doesn't seem necessary to go that far yet.

5 Replies 5

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

On the C's end EX's, you can probably use:

xconfiguration SystemUnit CallLogging Mode: Off

I'm not sure about the Jabber Video client... there could be something in the .xml configuration file.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark questions as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks; I had tried

xconfiguration SystemUnit CallLogging Mode: Off

previously, and I didn't think it did what I wanted.  However, it had fooled me because it does work, but it does not clear the existing History.

I don't see anything in the xml file to do this, but I may partially blind.  :-)

To clear recent call history for C-Series or EX codecs you'll want the following command:

xCommand CallLog Clear

To clear recent call history for Jabber Video you'll want to delete the recentcalls.xml file in the user's specific Jabber Video appdata directory here:

%appdata%/Cisco/JabberVideo/

As far as I know, there is no way to prevent the logging of recent calls with Jabber Video, only thing you could do is delete the recentcalls.xml file.  One method you could that I just tested that partially works, is setting the xml file to read only.  However, when someone makes a call in Jabber Video, the history will still show, but it doesn't get saved to the xml file, if they exit out of the program, the history will be then cleared.

%appdata%/Cisco/JabberVideo/

I wonder what happens if you place an empty files there with no write permissions to the user executing jabbe video

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

It appears to cache the call history for the existing session, but it can't save them.  So you still see the history for your session, but if you log out and back in, it's empty.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: