Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Documents for design Telepresence BW

Hello,

I wonder if I can provide some documents on how to perform a network design for telepresence in terms of bandwidth consumption. That is how much can consume bandwidth.

And the design of multisite sessions with more than 4 participants, what endpoints must have my network to support this type of telepresence sessions.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I suggest you have a read of the Cisco Unified Videoconferencing Solution Reference Network Design (SRND) document and the Cisco Video and TelePresence Architecture Design Guide.

In regard to bandwidth consumption, you can control the call rates to a certain extent using the default call rate setting on the endpoint themselves, or with a VCS-Control.

For the multisite session with more than 4 participants, you will need an MCU/Bridge.  You can use any modern standards compliant endpoint with the bridge.  For multsite calls with 4 or less participants, the internal MCU (enabled with a multisite licence key on most Cisco endpoints) can be used.

Hope that helps.

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate any responses and mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.