Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does TMS support SQL always on?

As per the thread title, can anybody tell me if TMS supports the SQL feature "always on" ?

I don't know much about it, but our DB guys want to know.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

My understanding is that the "Always On" feature is part of SQL 2012 and SQL 2014.

TMS is currently only supported on SQL 2008 or SQL 2005 (but support for 2005 is being removed in a future TMS release - see the release notes for the latest version).

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

My understanding is that the "Always On" feature is part of SQL 2012 and SQL 2014.

TMS is currently only supported on SQL 2008 or SQL 2005 (but support for 2005 is being removed in a future TMS release - see the release notes for the latest version).

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks Wayne, that's all I needed

Hi Nick,

Rumour has it that SQL 2012 and Windows 2012 Server will be supported in a version of TMS coming in Q2 2014 if that helps your DB guys.  (See Dale's post at the end of this thread.

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answereed if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: