cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dual Display Option Key

Derek Payne
Level 1
Level 1

Using TMS 14.2.2 --- mix of MXP and C-Series (20/40/60/90) and SX20 endpoints.... is there an easy way to determine which of my roughly 200 VC systems support Dual Display?  System Overview doesn't seem to contain the Dual Display info.

I could log in to each codec and check, but I'm looking for a time saver.

Video Conferencing since before it was cool or cost effective.
7 Replies 7

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

No, unfortunately not. You would've thought it would be displayed with the other option keys under General Settings\Option Key Value, but no - so you have to look at the system status of each system individually to determine this.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Hi Derek,

As Jens has said above, TMS doesn't seem to capture the Dual Display option key as it does for MultiSite, Premium Resolution, Bandwidth, etc.

I guess, one option you have rather than looking at them all manually, if you, or someone else there is good with scripting, you could telnet/ssh in to each of the codecs and grab the output from the xstatus (ie xstatus SystemUnit Software OptionKeys DualDisplay on the C/SXs) command, then parse through to see which ones returned "true".

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

I'm no scripter.... (i should really learn, as it seems to be a recurring theme).

maybe I can find someone who does. 

Thanks for your answer.

this is exactly where I looked..... and was disappointed not to find it.

I know I have C20's with Dual... that isn't being used.

and i have C20's without Dual, that want it.

rather than buy antoher key, I want to swap a system.

thanks.

amehla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Derek,

you can check the status of dual display option key on codec through TMS by navigating to extended settings and then selecting system status.

it will show you complete xstatus along with status of all the option keys, like dual display, PR.

Yes, that's surely another way... but I still have to do it 200+ times.

Thanks

I was searching for some dual display info and came across this. I know it was over a year ago but here is what you can do in TMS. Go to Systems tab mouse down to Systems Overview. On the left select the systems you want, the right you can select the parameters to report. In this case it would be General Settings - Option Key Value. If you like you can export to Excel.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: