arawnmediagroup
Level 1
Level 1

CTS 3210 1.8

Cucm 8.6.2

Vcs 7.0.3

6000 MXP F9.1.2

TPS 2.2

Having issues with duel video from CTS 3210 to any MXP machine. The TP only sends video or content not both. MXP send video or content not both.

Have tested with C- series, and Movi to and from both the MXP and the TP room without issues.

I assume this is a BFCP issue. What I do not know is which device ( VCS, CUCM, Endpoints) or/ and a known issue with MXPs.

Adding TPS into the equation handles the duel video without issue and is the work-around.

Thanks

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Paul Anholt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Chris,

Unfortunately this is a limitation between the two products. The problem is that the CTS unit only supports h264 video for content and the MXP only supports h263/h261 so the second channel will never negotiate properly. The TPS overcomes this by transcoding between the two formats.

Have you tried using the switched presentation setting on the CTS, this might improve user experience.

Thanks,

Paul

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Paul Anholt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Chris,

Unfortunately this is a limitation between the two products. The problem is that the CTS unit only supports h264 video for content and the MXP only supports h263/h261 so the second channel will never negotiate properly. The TPS overcomes this by transcoding between the two formats.

Have you tried using the switched presentation setting on the CTS, this might improve user experience.

Thanks,

Paul

Thank you.

I can't find supporting documentation for this. Do you have a link by chance? Thanks again.

Hi Chris,

The interop testing matrix can be found here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/interop/endpoint_interop.html#wp120782 for the MXP it states that presentations only work in "switched presentation mode" which is defined in the document as: "In switched presentation mode, when a meeting  participant is sharing a presentation, the other meeting participant (or  participants) sees the presentation instead of the main video."

I hope this helps.

-Paul

Thanks a bunch. Nice doc.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: