Views
Helpful
Replies

DX80 and MRA

fuhdan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I have successfully implemented MRA with version 8.6. It works for our EX, MX, SX Devices. Also the Soft clients are working. For windows, I us a modified .msi file and for the other Soft clients I just used the link:

ciscojabber://provision?ServicesDomain=company.local&VoiceServicesDomain=company.com

​But the DX80's are not working. I use the Firmware: 10.2.4(99)

If I try to connect them via MRA, I can't see anything on the Edge server nor on the Control server. Also the DX80 doesn't report any error. It just keep trying to register.

What do I miss? Thanks for any help.

Best regards, Daniel

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

For DX80 to work correctly via RMA you need CUCM 10.5.2 SU2 or later. You also need Exp-E to have a certificate signed by a valid public, since you cannot manually upload a CA certificate to DX80. You can find more information on this document:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/dx/series/rel-notes/1024sr/DX00_BK_R548EF3A_00_release-notes-dx-series-1024sr.html#DX00_RF_MD737F82_00

I have been trying to register a DX80 via RMA to CUCM 9.1.2 and I can confirm that it does not work. It only works from the internal network or by using VPN (DX80 has a built-in AnyConnect VPN client).

Regards,

Paulo Souza

Remember to rate useful answers and mark your question as "answered" if applicable

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

View solution in original post

Hi Daniel,

This document provides a list of all the CA trusted by DX80:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/dx/series/admin/1024/DX00_BK_C12F3FF5_00_cisco-dx-series-ag1024/DX00_BK_C12F3FF5_00_cisco-dx-series-ag1024_appendix_01111.html

Regards

Paulo Souza

Remember to rate useful answers and mark your question as "answered" if applicable

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have you set this up correctly?

In the Settings application, tap More....
Step 2    Tap Reset network settings.
Step 3    Uncheck Enable automatic local telephony discovery and tap Reset. The network connection is reset. If the device is connected to a wired network, it will reconnect automatically. If the device is deployed wirelessly, you need to connect to a Wi-Fi network. When the device connects to a network, the Enter TFTP server screen displays.
Step 4    Tap Expressway.
Step 5    Fill in the Service domain, Username, and Password fields.
Step 6    Tap Sign in.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/dx/series/admin/1024/DX00_BK_C12F3FF5_00_cisco-dx-series-ag1024/DX00_BK_C12F3FF5_00_cisco-dx-series-ag1024_chapter_0101.html#DX00_RF_CA8F3827_00

Please rate all useful posts

Hi

Yes I did that all ready. But it didn't work. My guess is, that our Certificate is not in the trustlist of the DX firmware. So I wait for the new version and will test again.

Thanks for the answer.

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

For DX80 to work correctly via RMA you need CUCM 10.5.2 SU2 or later. You also need Exp-E to have a certificate signed by a valid public, since you cannot manually upload a CA certificate to DX80. You can find more information on this document:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/dx/series/rel-notes/1024sr/DX00_BK_R548EF3A_00_release-notes-dx-series-1024sr.html#DX00_RF_MD737F82_00

I have been trying to register a DX80 via RMA to CUCM 9.1.2 and I can confirm that it does not work. It only works from the internal network or by using VPN (DX80 has a built-in AnyConnect VPN client).

Regards,

Paulo Souza

Hi

Thanks for the answer. I have all in place as described on this document. Is there a list of trusted certificates? I don't know if my CA is trusted or not. I belief not. But I don't know how to verify.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

This document provides a list of all the CA trusted by DX80:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/dx/series/admin/1024/DX00_BK_C12F3FF5_00_cisco-dx-series-ag1024/DX00_BK_C12F3FF5_00_cisco-dx-series-ag1024_appendix_01111.html

Regards

Paulo Souza

Thanks a lot.
As I expected. My "new" CA is still not trusted. I wait for the new Firmware and check there again.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

You are welcome! Remember to mark this topic as "answered" if you dont have additional questions on this matter.

Cheers,

Paulo Souza

I am not sure what you mean by your new CA is not trusted. Your DX80 has a list of public CAs that are installed on it..

My DX80 runs the ff software and it works with CUCM9.1.2.

sipdx80.10-2-4-46

sipdx80.10-2-4-49

The problem might be your cucm version and not DX80 firmware.

Paulo, it does work with CUCM 9.1.2.

I have this working well in my cluster with quite a few DX80s.

I am running 9.1.2.12901-3

Ayodeji,

I could not have it working with CUCM 9.1.2. It started to work properly after upgrading to the version 10.5. I am happy to see that you could have it working on version 9. Anyway, the documentation states that the minimum version required for RMA and DX80 is 10.5.2 SU2.

Cheers,

Paulo Souza

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: