cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

E20 Admin login

edwardrgiuliani
Level 1
Level 1

Any support for the Tandberg E20's here?

I have an E20 that no one knows the admin password to. Anyone have any idea on how we can reset this? I have had the user try a factory reset of the unit but he is stating that he still cannot get in to the settings to change the name on the unit. I cannot access it from the web interface due to someone having changed the admin password.

I have tried the default password and that did not work. Like I said I had the user try a factory reset and he is stating that it is not working either. Can anyone offer any other suggestions?

5 Replies 5

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi are you able to login to the unit using ssh with the root account?

And what kind of factory reset did you perform? The key sequence?

Are you sure there is a password at all? Did you try to login using no password?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Not sure what the root accout login is.

I tried using no password at all.

I had the user try the following to reset the unit back to factory defaults. He claims he still is unable to log into it.

In order to reset the passwords, you need to reset the Cisco IP Video Phone E20 to the default factory settings:

On the E20 keypad, press the following keys:

* * Presentation # #
(The Presentation key has the icon of an open laptop computer)

This needs to be done within ~3 seconds.

In order to reset the passwords, you need to reset the Cisco IP Video Phone E20 to the default factory settings:

On the E20 keypad, press the following keys:

* * Presentation # #
(The Presentation key has the icon of an open laptop computer)

This needs to be done within ~3 seconds.

Hi

Yes that is the process of factory resetting the E20.

What I mean is for the customer to use SSH (Putty) and connect to the codec with the root account. Username "root" and the password might be blank or default. Once in the root shell, type: tsh

Now the admin password can be reset using this command:

xCommand SystemUnit AdminPassword Set Password:

But the factory reset should do the trick... so it's strange that they are still not able to log in. What software version are they using?

I'm not 100% sure but I think they are on version TE2.2.0.215697

I don't have the unit in front of me so I've asked them to send it back to me for additional troubleshooting

I am having the same problem except my phone is brand new and i dont know how to get past the first page. And i dont know if there is a default password or what i should do and i am not technical at all, help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: