cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

edge 95 mxp streaming

PETE.KAMENSZKY
Level 1
Level 1

I was trying to turn on streaming in the telnet interface and when i send the command "streaming enable on" i get a "only available on local ports"

What does this mean?                  

4 Replies 4

mubakhta
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Pete,

It looks like the streaming is only activated for Local ports. Please run the following command and specify remote which would enable it on the remote ports.

Streaming Source:

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks for the reply… did not work. See screen shot

Actually, I think this is referring to the fact that you cannot (by default) enable streaming through the CLI.  You cannot remote start the streaming unless the feature to do so has been enabled.  This can only be done using the remote control while being with the unit; the CLI and web interfaces do not allow this for security reasons--the same reason you cannot enable Websnapshots remotely.

The message about 'local ports' is referring to the fact that the CLI is the same through telnet/ssh as it is through a console cable to the serial port.  You CAN use this command through the serial port, i.e. a local port.

Using the remote, go to Menu --> Services --> Streaming --> Streaming Settings, and change "Allow Remote Start" from Off to On.

Then you can use "streaming on" and "streaming off" to enable/disable streaming through the CLI, or you can use the web interface.

If you're adventurous and determined, you should be able to simulate remote keypresses using the xcommand keypress commands, to navigate through the menus on the screen and thus enable Remote Start that way.  You will probably need a local unit to figure out what the exact sequence of keypresses it will take to get the result you want though.

Yes, that's correct. Just found out after seeing your reply.

Thanks for the information.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: