Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit the {Display_name} in TMS-PE

Hi

I have sync'd my TMS provisioning users directory with AD and see the users display name as First_name Last_name (company_name) when i search them in Jabber phonebook.

I want to edit this as First_name Last_name (Jabber). [Replace company name with word Jabber]. Is there a way, i can use regex and edit the display_name in TMS-PE.

I see this setting to be disabled in TMS. Please suggest.

Everyone's tags (5)
3 REPLIES
Bronze
Cisco Employee

Re: Edit the {Display_name} in TMS-PE

The display name attribute is pulled directly from the Active Directory attribute displayname. The Provisioning documentation contains a table that lists the attributes and how they are mapped to Active Directory import data.

- Zac Colton

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Re: Edit the {Display_name} in TMS-PE

Hi Colton/Ahmad,

I am not looking out for a way to define my Device address or video address. I want to tune my Display_name field. Unfortunately i see that editing that field from TMS-PE configuration template is disabled.

I see that TMS-PE sync's the Display name with AD and i get what i have in AD.

My requirement is, i would like the TMS-PE to use a Display name in a different format than that of AD.

ie) i will use the pattern {display_name ['(example)'='(Jabber)']} and covert the display name from Adam Wyne (Exapmle) to Adam Wyne (Jabber)

Just replace the company name with Jabber.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content