Views
Helpful
Replies

Edit the {Display_name} in TMS-PE

RAMEEZ RAHIM
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have sync'd my TMS provisioning users directory with AD and see the users display name as First_name Last_name (company_name) when i search them in Jabber phonebook.

I want to edit this as First_name Last_name (Jabber). [Replace company name with word Jabber]. Is there a way, i can use regex and edit the display_name in TMS-PE.

I see this setting to be disabled in TMS. Please suggest.

3 Replies 3

Zac Colton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The display name attribute is pulled directly from the Active Directory attribute displayname. The Provisioning documentation contains a table that lists the attributes and how they are mapped to Active Directory import data.

- Zac Colton

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi Colton/Ahmad,

I am not looking out for a way to define my Device address or video address. I want to tune my Display_name field. Unfortunately i see that editing that field from TMS-PE configuration template is disabled.

I see that TMS-PE sync's the Display name with AD and i get what i have in AD.

My requirement is, i would like the TMS-PE to use a Display name in a different format than that of AD.

ie) i will use the pattern {display_name ['(example)'='(Jabber)']} and covert the display name from Adam Wyne (Exapmle) to Adam Wyne (Jabber)

Just replace the company name with Jabber.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: