Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Enabling CEC on SX20

Is CEC enabled by default or not?

How do we enable CEC on SX20?

My SX20 codec is not powering up the display screen on going from standby.

SX20: TC5.1.7

9 Replies 9

amehla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Kelvin,

you can enable CEC under adminsetings> video settings using remote control.

video output HDMI 1 CEC modec: on/off

amehla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

by default, it is set to off

Ravi Yadav
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Kelvin

By default its off

Video Output HDMI 1 CEC Mode: Off

to enable it

xConfiguration Video Output HDMI 1 CEC Mode: on

for the second issue which may be the reason for above issue

is the codec booting properly , is the codec responding on telnet/ssh ?

if yes,

how many monitors do you have connected 1 or 2

if one on which port is this connected HDMI out 1 or HDMI 2

if HDMI 2 is the dual display option : true on the codec else connect it to HDMI out 1

i know there are a lot of  "ifs"  hence waiting for your reply

Thanks

Ravi kr.

Hi Kelvin,

i suppose the issue only comes when the codec goes in standby, i read the post again  for that as mentioned if the codec is responsive at the time of standby we can check in the debug logs if teh codec is sending the wake up message or not.

awaiting response

Ravi kr.

Thanks to all!

I have set CEC to ON and on booting the displaying screen is now getting powered up.

However, I have got another question.

Can we use CEC to power off the screen i.e make it go into standby or our only option is to use the screen's standby settings?

I ask because after disconnecting call the codec goes into standby after 10min (as per setting) then we have to wait 10 more min for the display screen to go into standby (due to settings on the tv itself). Is this best practice.

LG 47LM5800: CEC branded as Simplink

Hi Kelvin,

no that is not the normal way the standby should happen.

as soon as the codec goes to standby the screen should go along with that, what is happening in your scenario is the screen is going off by it own process of standby in 10 mintues not teh codec sending the sleep signal to the TV.

you changed the CEC mode to on  @ codec

what is the standby setting or auto sleep setting on the TV  if that is default what is the response

by any chance do you have any other monitor which you can check on the codec.

logically what you are getting is not a normal behaviour.

even if the CEC is off it will still put the codec to sleep mode

Thanks

Ravi Kr.

On the TV...

Not so many options as far as sleeeping is concerned. 

Its either the sleep timer it turned off or its timed in tens of minutes (e.g 10,20,30...). Nothing like auto sleep or customs sleeping minutes.

Unfortunately I don't have another TV test with on this location but can run tests on another codec with same software realise on a different site. 

Hi Kelvin,

i understand another TV may not be an option what about any PC monitor whcih you can use to connect either via HDMI to DVI cable.

let me know the possibilties, also if you have a scope of upgrade without any approvals  go ahead and upgrade.

Note: if you have dual monitors you may face few layout changes related issues else it fine.

TC6.2 expected to be release by 3rd week this month.

let me know the results of monitor test.

Thanks

Ravi Kr.

Hi Kevin,

LG monitors do not support HDMI CEC Standby/Resume with C-Series codecs and SX20.

LG Simplink is a proprietary implementation of CEC and does not support our standards-based implementation of power control over CEC.

It seems the LG monitors are using some vendor specific commands and will not respond to our CEC commands - other screen manufacturers (Sony, Samsung, Panasonic) confirmed working. (Try using DVI if possible)