Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error on TMS User Import from Active Directory

Hi,

On TMS 14.1.1 (TMSPE) I'm about to import users from Active Directory for Jabber users and i encountered a problem.

On the TMS > Systems >Provisioning > Users i created a Group folder and configure User Import. But before doing that i did a test between TMS and AD if they are connected sucessfully and it says that successfully connected to Active Directory 'DC=corp'.

Back on the User Import configuration on the TMS > Systems > Provisioning > Users and trying to save the configurations  an error message is displaying  "Warnig: An unknown error occured".

What is the possible problem?

Thanks,

Acevirgil

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

It could be a problem with your syntax. What did you choose from the import type? Active Directory?

It would be useful with a screenshot or a more detailed explanation regarding your syntax.

/Magnus

View solution in original post

Hi,

We encountered a similar problem, We were using LDAP with legacy provisioning and these settings absolutely would not copy over, So our fix was to use basically the same settings but we selected Import from AD. We still saw an error until we moved the entry from the Base Dn (So this field is now blank) and entered the relative search DN to the location we have our jabber users group.

A couple of things to check:

1. Maybe use the FQDN in the hostname field

2. verify which AD port your using for imports, It might be different..

If you were previously using LDAP maybe this will also work for you?

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

It could be a problem with your syntax. What did you choose from the import type? Active Directory?

It would be useful with a screenshot or a more detailed explanation regarding your syntax.

/Magnus

Hi Magnus,

Thank you for your response.

I used Active Directory as an import type.

Please see screenshots.

Thanks for the help.

Acevirgil

Hi,

We encountered a similar problem, We were using LDAP with legacy provisioning and these settings absolutely would not copy over, So our fix was to use basically the same settings but we selected Import from AD. We still saw an error until we moved the entry from the Base Dn (So this field is now blank) and entered the relative search DN to the location we have our jabber users group.

A couple of things to check:

1. Maybe use the FQDN in the hostname field

2. verify which AD port your using for imports, It might be different..

If you were previously using LDAP maybe this will also work for you?

Hi Alan,

We used Active Directory as type. We just entered wrong syntax on the Base DN. We alredy fixed it by using Base DN:

dc=headoffice, dc=corp, dc=bpi, dc=com, dc=ph

All DN is the domain component.

Thanks,

Acevirgil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: