cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error: Touch Panel Connection

Mahesh Kumar
Level 1
Level 1

In MX300 G2 TC 7.1.4 device i am getting following error in GUI and "Touch Panel requires IPV4" in display.

What is the cause, solution and troubleshooting.

ERROR: Touch panel connection
No touch panel detected when indicators forced
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

How would this help to solve the issue.

And problem has been resolved after replacing the cat5 cable between codec and touch panel.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

At a quick guess, it's because you've disabled IPv4 on the device (ie, you've set it to IPv6 only)?

To fix it, re-enable IPv4. In the Web Interface, go to Configuration > System Configuration. Click on the Network menu item and change the IPStack to IPv4 (for IPv4 only) or Dual (for IPv4 and IPv6) depending on your network's requirements.

The other message, regarding the Indicators suggest the SystemUnit MenuType is set to "Indicators" rather than "Interactive" - which would be correct when using a touch panel - but it's complaining about it because it can't see the touch.

PS - Due to the well published ShellShock security vulnerabilities in TC7.1.4 (and other versions), I'd recomend you consider upgrading to TC7.2.1.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks for the reply Wayne,

But we never use IPv6, the issue occurred all of sudden. Any suggestions.

Check the settings on the G2, and if they all look right, try factory resetting and re-pairing the touch.

Procedure for resetting the Touch 10:

1) Press and hold the "Mute" button until it starts blinking (red and green) - this takes about 10 seconds.

2) Press the "Volume Down" button twice.

The Touch 10 will revert to default settings and restart.

You will then need to re-pair the touch to the endpoint.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

After couple of days of reset again issue occured.

How are you assigning the IP addresses to the units?  Static or DHCP?  And if DHCP, are they reservations so the devices always get the same addresses?  If the endpoint and/or touch are getting different ip addresses each boot, that can cause the errors you're seeing.

Wayne

--

Wayne

We are using static ip address.

Luke Sykes
Level 1
Level 1

Try entering this command

xConfiguration Peripherals Profile TouchPanels: 0

This configuration sets how many touch panels the codec should expect. Setting it to "0" will remove
the "Touch panel required" warning message.

dsouders
Level 1
Level 1

Go to Configuration --> System Configuration and search for indicators in the upper left search box.  This will bring up the SystemUnit MenuType in the Experimental section.  Change the setting from Indicators to Interactive.

How would this help to solve the issue.

And problem has been resolved after replacing the cat5 cable between codec and touch panel.

In my case we weren't using touch panels, so the error was telling me exactly what was wrong.  No touch panel was detected when the SystemUnit MenuType setting was set to Indicators, i.e. indicators were being forced by that config setting.  Changing it to Interactive eliminated the GUI error.

Franck Dougan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I have a Cisco MX700, and I am experiencing this very same error, on the screen the error is "Touch Panel required" and the touch pad have a display that says " connecting to room device" I did reset the touch pad to factory default but that did not help.

I am out of ideas and will appreciate if anyone can help with this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: