Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

EX60/EX90 vs larger DX series

Does anybody have thoughts on these. Is it worth it now to buy an EX60 over the larger DX series desktop units? AS I understand the DX are android based where the EX are TC based. 

thanks ahead of time for any suggestions. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Purple

One of the biggest factors to

One of the biggest factors to consider is, what will you use for call control, CUCM or VCS?

• EX can use either CUCM or VCS.
  • DX can use CUCM only.

I don't suspect EX endpoints going anywhere for some time, if they did, then the VCS based environments would be left with no desk endpoint, since the DX are CUCM only.

3 REPLIES
VIP Purple

One of the biggest factors to

One of the biggest factors to consider is, what will you use for call control, CUCM or VCS?

• EX can use either CUCM or VCS.
  • DX can use CUCM only.

I don't suspect EX endpoints going anywhere for some time, if they did, then the VCS based environments would be left with no desk endpoint, since the DX are CUCM only.

Ahh..very important point.

Ahh..very important point. (CUCM vs VCS). 

We only have VCS right now (CUCM in the future) so for now DX is out of the question. 

thanks!

VIP Purple

Agreed.We don't have CUCM

Agreed.

We don't have CUCM either, we're a video only shop hence VCS only, and I don't expect we'd be deploying CUCM for some very long time if ever.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content