cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ex60 keeps ringing when jabber/movi device is offline?

Ivaylo Georgiev
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am working with a VCS starter pack express.

We have 4 c-series devices, around 25 movi clients and one EX60 device. Everything seems to work fine, but today I noticed a glitch.

One of the users is configured with 2 devices - a movi device and an EX60 device. I have set up his device preferences so the incoming calls go to the ex device for 5 seconds and if there is no answer, the call gets redirected to the user's movi device.

The EX device is obviously always online. When the movi client is also registered, everything works as expected. The problem is when the movi client is offline. Then the incoming call gets redirected to the EX device again, because that is the only device available to accept the call. And after the new 5 seconds pass, the call gets redirected to the same ex60 device again. In other words, the call gets stuck in a loop and the only way around it is to either unplug the ex60 device, or the caller needs to log out from movi and log back in. The other solution, of course, is to create separate accounts for both devices, but I don't think that this is the right permanent fix...

Any ideas about how this loop can be prevented?

9 Replies 9

Solvieg Pagan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ivaylo,

Most liketly the FindMe location is set to ring the device above until caller hangs up, you can verify this setting by going to Application>FindMe>configuration>configured user accounts> select the FindMe account with the problem, Select edit user open new window and in the right site, edit the location, select more options and change your Ring the devices above option. You have the option to set a timing form 5 seconds to 60 seconds.

Best Regards,

Solvieg Pagan

Solvieg,

Thanks for replying.

As I already mentioned in my initial post, the FindMe locations is set to ring the EX60 for 5 seconds only. Then the call gets transferred to the Movi client. And that's what the problem is - if the movi client is offline, the EX60 rings until I unplug it.

Regards,

Ivaylo.

Solvieg Pagan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ivaylo,

I just tested this is my lab with my VCS starter pack (X7.0.2) with 2 devices associated to the FindMe account including Movi. My location is set to Movi Device, and if there is no answer, ring the other device for 5 seconds. I logged off the movi account and the behavior was as expected. My second device was ringing for 5 seconds and then it disconneted. I then changed my Ring the Device Above to until caller hang up and my secondary device rings forever.

Can you provide a SW version and can you paste the search history from that call here.

Best Regards,

Solvieg Pagan

A check in the search and call history can also be interesting.

Also if you have any kind of firewall in between messing something up regards the signalling, ....

What is the registration name of the ex60?

Something like

* username.ex60@domain.com

or is it the same as the findme address (which would be bad).

Martin

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Martin,

the registration names are:

someone.movi@domain.com - for the movi client

someone.ex60@domain.com - for the ex60 clients.

Another thing is that if I configure the FindMe location to call both devices at the same time, everything works fine. It's only if I have it call the ex60 first and then look for the movi client and the movi client is offline - that's when that loop occurs...

Solvieg,

Just to make sure you are on the same page, here is how I have the FindMe page of the user configured:

And I am also running OS v. 6.1 on the VCS starter pack - I wonder if that might be causing issues, too.

Ivaylo,

That is exacly how my system was configured and it behave as expected even when my Movi account is offline. This could also be cause by a search rule.

We may need more information about your VCS configuration, can you open a Service Request and email me the number.

Best Regards,

Solvieg Pagan

I also think that it is a search rule problem...

Btw, not sure how is the ex60 configured, manually or does the starter pack also support the provisionign of ex systems?

Is it registered via h323, sip (tcp/tls), ...?

To rule out the firewall often just using sip/tls/5061 is a good thing to start with.

Regards the search rules, a:

xConfiguration Zones Policy SearchRules

via the TSH admin ssh login would be interesting to see.

As well as a screenshot of the search history of the call that failed.

I think you did not mention neither the VCS nor EX60 software version,

I would upgrade to X7.0.3 and TC5.0.1.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: