Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EX60 video call issue .

Dear All,

I have Demo contains of  :

Site 1 : { CUCM + IP communicator + Xlite app " like ip communicator but can make video call "  + switches and router }   with supnet 192.168.1.0 /24

Site 2 : { EX60 unit +IP Phone + IP communicator + switches + router }                       with supnet  172.16.3.0   /24

I add the Ex60 as a third party sip endpoint  and it successfuly registered to CUCM and i can ping it from site 1 perfectly .

also i can make a Voice call without any issue , BUT when i make a VIDEO call from site to another the call droped after less than 1 Sec  and the EX60 goes unregestered for while then registered again .

when i  made the VIDEO  call from Xlite to Ex60  the issue happened .

when i made only  a VOICE call from IP communicator  OR  Xlite  to EX60  the call went perfectly with no issues .

The VIDEO and VOICE call  working very well inside the lan { at the same site } .

The problem here Why the Video call dropped  from site 1 to site 2  and why the video units went unregistered ?

ThANKS AND BEST REGARDS

MOHAMED MOKMHTAR

VOICE SYSTEM ENGINEER .

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi friend,

What version of CUCM are you using? Why are you registering EX60 to CUCM as third party device?

Well, it is important to point that, in order to have TC endpoints (EX, C, MX and SX series) working without limitation with CUCM, you must to have CUCM 8.6.2 or later, and your endpoints should have the version TC5 or later.

This method you are using is too old and there many limitations. I strongly recommend you to use the recommended versions. Take a look at these guides with title "Administering TC endpoint on CUCM":

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/ps11327/prod_maintenance_guides_list.html

I hope this help.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

View solution in original post

What version of EX60 are you ruuning?

Well, anyway, you should have version TC 5 or later if you want to register it to CUCM 8.6.2. This method you are using is only applied to old versions of CUCM. Just follow the guides I linked above, that will help you.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi friend,

What version of CUCM are you using? Why are you registering EX60 to CUCM as third party device?

Well, it is important to point that, in order to have TC endpoints (EX, C, MX and SX series) working without limitation with CUCM, you must to have CUCM 8.6.2 or later, and your endpoints should have the version TC5 or later.

This method you are using is too old and there many limitations. I strongly recommend you to use the recommended versions. Take a look at these guides with title "Administering TC endpoint on CUCM":

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/ps11327/prod_maintenance_guides_list.html

I hope this help.

Regards

Paulo Souza

thank you for your help ,

the CUCM version is 8.6.2  and i registered EX60 as third party because i tried to add it normally like normal cisco phone with standard sip profile but that didn't help because it has an old version .

does the video call down  because there are limitations ?

What version of EX60 are you ruuning?

Well, anyway, you should have version TC 5 or later if you want to register it to CUCM 8.6.2. This method you are using is only applied to old versions of CUCM. Just follow the guides I linked above, that will help you.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: