Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

EX60 VLAN settings issue TC6.2?

I have a new EX60 running TC6.2 and my computer connected to the EX60 was not able to get an IP from the DHCP pool.  Setting in the network portion of the EX60 were Auto and 1 for VLAN, same as my other EX60s, but I could only get my PC to work when I downgraded the EX60 to TC5.1.8.

Is there a problem here that has already been identified?

DArren         

Everyone's tags (3)
5 REPLIES
VIP Green

You might be bumping up against bug CSCug06492.

"A switch is configured with a default data VLAN on a switch port. It tags all packets, also EAP packets with the DATA VLAN. When xConfiguration Network 1 VLAN Voice Mode is set to Off we can read this packet even though it is tagged with VLAN. When we set VLAN mode to auto or manual we discard any packet that is not tagged with our VLAN".

Does your PC work when you set the VLAN Voice Mode to "OFF"?

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne, do you know if this has been corrected in 6.3?  I just read the bug info, and it doesn't mention it is fixed... unless I missed something on that page.

VIP Green

Hi Darren,

Looking at the bug, it's still a known issue with TC6.3.  Fingers crossed it'll be fixed in TC7 due out hopefully later this month.

Did setting the VLAN Voide Mode to "OFF" help with your problem?

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--

Although your suggestion would have got the endpoint communicating, I needed to have the VLAN voice mode set to on so the PC on the desk would work, too.  I have left the unit at TC5.1until this is resolved.

Thanks.

Darren

VIP Green

I guess the other option (if you have enough cabling and switch ports) is to not daisy-chain the PC through he EX, and have both on seperate ports.  This is the way we prefer to do it here as it solves the issue of the PC losing connectivity if the EX is rebooted for any reason.

Wayne

--

Wayne
--
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content