cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ex90 and c60 native registration thru CUCM Server

warquezho0612
Level 1
Level 1

I read that at CUCM8.6 and ex90/c60 firmware at TC5 that it can now natively registered thru CUCM. My question is what is the difference registering ex90 and c60 natively than using the old way of third party sip?

Can ex90/c60 download its future firmware thru CUCM once registered?

5 Replies 5

vivsing2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

When we talk native registration then one of the feature is ex90/ex60 will update its firmware thru CUCM

you can find more detail:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/codec-c-series/tc5/administration_guide/administering_endpoints_running_tc5_on_cucm8-6.pdf

Regards,

Vivek

mubakhta
Level 4
Level 4

Hi.

With the native registration now the following features are available on the endpoints :

CUCM basic telephony

• Registration
  • Basic call
  • Hold / Resue
  • Transfer

CUCM provisioning

CUCM phonebook

CUCM Service Control

SW Upgrade

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks for the link Vivek

Akhtar, how about when using the MCU of tandberg, can these features like hold/transfer compatible with Codian MCU?

Hi,

As of now MCU is not supported with the CUCM interoperable devices. Hence, you would not be able to use that for the basic fucntions.

Please rate the answers using the stars below this message.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Hi,

In addition to what Mubashshir has said, i would suggest if you are adding MCU on to CUCM  then use the MRGL with hardware transcoders which will provide you additional features and will insert necessary transcode sessions as and when invoked.

Try it out i think it should work.

Thanks

Alok

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: