cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EX90 and CTS presentation sharing.

rfrome
Level 1
Level 1

EX90 registered to CUCM in a point to point meeting with a CTS room. Customer is reporting the following:

"We have noticed that when an EX90 is in a meeting with a CTS room and the CTS room is presenting – the Ex90 can only see the presentation and not the active speaker in the CTS room. We tried playing with layout and presentation and other options but it doesn't work."

What is the expected functionality? Aren't we supposed to see the presentation and the active speaker?

thanks,

Robert

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Robert,

what is the Cucm version?

what is the CTS version ?

you are getting the expected functoinality, it will just send one feed at a time.

please have a look on the link below

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/telepresence/interop/endpoint_interop.html

hope that helps

Regards

Ravi

View solution in original post

You probably don't have BFCP enabled on the CUCM SIP Profile used by either the EX-90 or the CTS-series endpoint or both.

The SIP Profile is configured in the device > Device SEttings > SIP Profile, then set on the Device > Phone.  I suggest making a new one, then applying it to the devices.  The setting is at the bottom of the SIP Profile.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

rfrome
Level 1
Level 1

Anybody have a document or presentation that describes behaviour of the Tandberg endpoints when registered with CUCM?

Hi Robert,

what is the Cucm version?

what is the CTS version ?

you are getting the expected functoinality, it will just send one feed at a time.

please have a look on the link below

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/telepresence/interop/endpoint_interop.html

hope that helps

Regards

Ravi

Ravi,

Thanks for the link.

The EX90's are running TC5
The CUCM is 8.6.2.a SU2.

The CTS codecs are 1.9

So, I should be using the values in the last row of this screenshot.

So, does BFCP, limit my EX90 to either the speaker or the presentation? I can't change the layout to see both when in a call to a CTS unit?

Thanks,

robert

Hi Robert,

Yes the last row is providing the details.

you would not be able to see both the feeds the main video and the presentaion in the switched mode , however i would suggest you to open a TAC case so that we can test further as you are running

The EX90's are running TC5
The CUCM is 8.6.2.a SU2.

The CTS codecs are 1.9  (which supports BFCP)

Regards

Ravi

You probably don't have BFCP enabled on the CUCM SIP Profile used by either the EX-90 or the CTS-series endpoint or both.

The SIP Profile is configured in the device > Device SEttings > SIP Profile, then set on the Device > Phone.  I suggest making a new one, then applying it to the devices.  The setting is at the bottom of the SIP Profile.

Thanks Nick. I missed enabling BFCP on the Standard SIP profile assigned to the CTS endpoints.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: