cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EX90 Clock on Touch Controller Background

nathanfsmith
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a setting and where do I set it to have the clock show up on the background of the Touch 8 connected to an EX90 running TC6.1.  I have an EX60 and the Touch 8 has the time displayed on the background of the controller along with it being up in the corner.  I was just wondering because it is easier to see the time with it on the background, and many of our users are "older".

Thanks,

Nathan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Nathan,

Now that I'm back at work and have checked a few things, I've got a feeling the clock was introduced in TC6.2.

If you don't have a service contract on your devices, then you're probably out of luck getting anything later than TC6.1 for free in the near future.  Pre TC6.1 devices could be upgraded by requesting a "free" upgrade due to a Cisco Security Advisory.

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It will display the time when you close whatever of the screens you have open (dial pad/meetings/etc). The system will have one of these open on boot (I've found the setting to chose which one, but there's no setting of "none" to default to the time display.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

It is not displaying the time on our 90's even with dial pad/meetings/etc closed.  And on the 60 the clock is on the background even with the dial pad/meetings/etc open. 

Is there a setting to show the clock on the EX90 touchscreen with the dial pad/meetings/etc closed at least?

All mine are EX90s, I do not have any EX60s. I'm not aware of any setting - it just seems to be the default behaviour with one of the newer TC Software versions... Is there a difference in the ones you have that do/don't work. I can't recall which of the versions it first appeared in (was one of the 6.x releases).

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Wayne
--

I didn't think to check the TC version on the 60.  I have it boxed back up because the touchscreen that came with it has a yellowish hue/tint to white/whiteish colors(similar to the iPhone 4 yellow screen problem), and I am waiting on the RMA from the Vendor to send either the whole kit or just the touch back for a relpacement. 

Seeing as how we received the 60 about a month after the 90's, and the latest TC looks to be 6.3, and we didn't think to purchase the ability to upgrade the Firmware. I guess we are stuck with what we have for now. I do know that the 90's are 6.1.

Hi Nathan,

Now that I'm back at work and have checked a few things, I've got a feeling the clock was introduced in TC6.2.

If you don't have a service contract on your devices, then you're probably out of luck getting anything later than TC6.1 for free in the near future.  Pre TC6.1 devices could be upgraded by requesting a "free" upgrade due to a Cisco Security Advisory.

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--

Thanks for the info Wayne. I didn't think to get the service contract.  Oh well hind sight is 20/20 right.  I'll just have to get them to buy a service contract for our new devices.

With the newly released TC7.0.1 you can have the clock show as default (instead of the contacts, dialpad, etc).

This is available in the GUI under System Configuration, UserInterface, TouchPanel DefaultPanel, any setting it to "None", or with the CLI command

xconfiguration UserInterface TouchPanel DefaultPanel: None

Wayne

--

Wayne
--
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: