cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EX90 Dual Display Single Monitor

Stephen Pedigo
Level 1
Level 1

I set up an EX90 wth Dual Display option. I changed the Video Monitors to Single, as the boss wanted to see distant end on his locally connected monitor. However when he shows a presentation, he loses the distant end video and only the presentation is shown. The distant end and presentation is shown locally on the EX90 screen. No matter the layout on the EX90, only the presentation is shown on external monitor and a blank area where you would see a distant end video.

He would like to see both as it should be mirrored basically.

Any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks

9 Replies 9

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Do you have DD (Dual Display) option key installed on your EX90? That is required.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Yes dual display option key is installed.

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Steve Pedigo escreveu:

I changed the Video Monitors to Single

You should configure EX90 do use Dual configuration, so that you can show the image of the remote in the first first, and the presentation image in the secondary display.

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

That's not what he wants, he wants his EX90 screen mirrored to the external monitor. Which single monitors does, but not both presentation and distant end simultaneuously.

Hi Steve,

Sorry for my confusion, now I got your need!  =)

You need to have only the far end shown in both monitors, even when you start sharing presentation. In another words, you don't want to show your local presentation at all. is that what you need? Or do you need to show presentation in the secondary display only when sharing presentation and then keep mirror only when not sharing?

Regards

Paulo Souza

Close but not.

Here's what happens. With monitors set to single.

He sees far end on EX90 and external monitor. When he goes to presentation, the EX90 will show the presentation with the distand end video above the presentation, he can change the layout to make it side by side etc. but the external monitor only shows the presentation, even though the screen shrinks and there is a blank screen where you would expect the distand end to be. Changing layout to side by side is same, a blank screen where you would expect distant end to be and the presentation in the other window. I'll have to maybe take a picture tomorrow to show you.

Sorry that's the best I can explain it.

Ok. Now I got it!

I guess you can keep your EX90 using Single mode and then configure the layout famility to be PresentationLargerSpeaker. This will still keep the presentation being shown in the main display, but the far end's frame will be greater than the presentation's frame.

In my opinion, this is the better you can do, because EX90 only supports "DualPresentationOnly" for monitor configuration (it doesn't support "Dual"), because Dual Display feature of EX90 was design to work with presentation alone. Therefore, using dual display, you will always have presentation being shown, either using DualPresentationOnly or even Single monitor configuration.

O hope this help.

Paulo Souza

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Steve,

What software version are you running on your EX90s?  There has been some bug fixed for dual display systems in the more recent TC6.x software versions, with TC6.3 being the latest.

Are you abel to update the EX90 and see if that makes any difference to the behaviour you're expecting?

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

smilewonee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, Steve.

I understood your issue.

Have you tried to change MornitorRole? I recommend you to change first MornitorRole to go external monitor, second to EX90. If the same problem occured(Blank area without far end video on external monitor), It can be regarded as a defect of EX90.

If the symtom is same as before, I recommend you to check LocalLayoutFamily and RemoteLayoutFamily. It should be configured as Equal to both as long as you want mirroring screen.

Hope this can hepl you.

Brgrds,

Paul.