cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EX90 registered with CUCM 8.6.2a

rfrome
Level 1
Level 1

I'm setting up a couple of EX90s and am following the latest Administering TC endpoints on CUCM8.6 guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/codec-c-series/tc5/administration_guide/administering_endpoints_running_tc5_on_cucm8-6.pdf

Page 18, step 7 reads:

Capture.PNG

Were specifically is the Redirecting Calling Search Spaces for call transfer and Call Forward All?

I don't see any paramater or field with that description on the device or the line.

5 Replies 5

mubakhta
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Redirecting Calling Search Space refers to the Call Forward Calling Search Space on the CUCM. You can find that in the Directory Number Configuration Page. For your reference, I have taken a screenshot of the page which lists these CSS :

Hope this clears your doubt. Please let me know if that answers your question.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

OK thanks. They really ought to correctly lable what they need configured for this to work. I've never heard anybody refere to those as redirecting CCS.

There are other items in that doc that are incorrect as well, for example, User Data Services mentioned in Step 10.

It is referred to as redirecting CSS since it is used to redirect calls to a different number.

User Data Services is correctly mentioned. Releases between 8.5.1 and 8.6.1, including Release 8.5.1, have the User Data Services enabled by default. Release 8.6.1 has the services disabled by default.

To activate User Data Services, you will need to navigate to Tools > Control Center—Feature Services in the Serviceability module.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Mubashir,

I do not think you understood my reply. Step 7 referrs to a CSS for transfers, this is not what those fields are for. Also step 10 indicates User Data Services are in Servicability > Tools > Service Activation, which it is not. It is under Feature Services.

So rather than try to defend a poorly written document, you should bring the deficeiencies to the attention of those who can effect change.

rf

Hi,

I just wanted to let you know that I was not trying to defend the documentation. When you pointed this out, in the backend we are working to get this highligted. Cisco values its customers the most. We will be more than happy to make a correction if a mistake has been made.

Thank you for your continued support. I will let you know the Bug ID once we have opened a bug for it. I am still in discussion within our team to see if we can actually open a bug for this. Will keep you posted.

Between, name is Mubashshir :-)

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: