Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EX90 unlucky firmware downgrade from TC 4.2.1 to 3.1.4

I got a problem on hanging after uploading firmware with 3.1.4. We bought a system with TC 4.2.1 onboard. With that ver. of firmware i didn't register Ex90 with CUCM 8.5 aka Third Party Advanced Device. So i decided to downgrade Ex 90 to ver. 3.1.4. When upload had been finisheed the system lost its ip address. I tried to reset Ex90 to factory defaults, but it wasn't lucky. Blue power indicator is not starting itself after holding more than 10 secs. When i switch on power button after holding it more than 1 min, loading procedure is the same --i see Tandberg logo on a monitor, i see Tandberg logo on a TouchPad for 10 second with an exclamation mark in a circle. After 10 secs  exclamation mark disappears and instead logo on a TouchPad i see only circular loading points. On a monitor of EX90 Tandberg logo is always standby.

Please tell me how can i reheal my Ex90?

KR

Andrey

Сообщение отредактировал: Andriy Zatyshnyy

21 Replies 21

Hmm, bad news.

I don't know the release key. Is it possible to obtain it?

At the begining i had options--MS, DD, PR. 

Its  easy

www.cisco.com/go/license

Enter your s/n EX90  for lookup and resend in Tandberg software lookup&resend.

Br. Oleksandr

Thx Olexandr!

Now it works like it was in a first day. The next step will be to upgrade it to TC5.1.0 and to try it with CUCM 8.6.2. Is it possible to obtain new keys for TC 5.1.0?

Hi Andriy

The license info shall also show you if you have a valid service contract.

Without one you would only see the release key which was originally present when the system was bought

(I dislike that, it should show the keys which were available during the time you had a contract).

Anyhow, with in a Major release (like TC5.0 to TC5.1) no new key would be needed,

form one Major to the other (like TC5.x to TC3.y or TC4.a to TC5.b) a new TC release key

for the destination firmware version is required.

To get the new license you need to have a service contract in place.

The DD=DualDisplay, PR=PremiumResolution, MS=MultiSite are option keys,

if you have not done till now, you should add them ass well.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi, Martin, nice to hear you.

The final problem is to register EX90 and C20 with IP  PBX. Eq-t is demo, so it has been bought without service contract for  internal demo need. So i can't imagine how to register them with CUCM  8.5 or CUCM 8.6.

As soon as we bought endpoints, the bosses wanted to make these 2 systems in a conferencing betw 2 cities for theirs needs.

I guess it had better to download VCS from Tandberg  site and try to register endpoints with it. The other way could be  Asterisk.

KR

Andriy

Hi all,

Finally i've registered EX90 & C20 being with TC 4.2.1 on CUCM 8.6.2!

From the beggining till the end of our experiments it took us more than a month to register both endpoints with CUCM. We didn't register these endpoints with CUCM 8.5 aka Third Part Advanced Device but some tricks have done the deal with CUCM 8.6.2.

About the tricks:

On CUCM 8.6.2:

Device/Phone/Add a New Phone

Choose Cisco TelePresence Quick Set C20 or Cisco TelePresence EX90

Device Pool*--Default

Owner UserId=4 digit number

Phone Button Template*=Standard Cisco TelePresence EX90

Protocol Specific Information:

Here CUCM 8.6.2 propose you to choose Device Security Profile*, where one can find only Standard SIP Non-Secure Profile. You are to open menu System\Security\Phone Security Profile

Find Phone Security Profile where

Go to 2nd & 3rd page to find

Cisco TelePresence EX90 – Standard SIP Non-Secure Profile

Or

Cisco TelePresence Quick Set C20 – Standard SIP Non-Secure Profile

Name*=C20 with Digest Authentication or EX90 with Digest Authentication

=TCP+UDP

Put

Enable Digest Authentication

If smth will go wrong try to play with " " to switch on and off it.

Go to Menu User Management\End User

User ID=4 digit number (same like Owner UserID)

Password=4 digit number (i took the same loke UserID & OwnerID)

PIN=1111 i put just in case of simplicity)

Primary Extension (i took the same loke UserID & OwnerID)

Directory Number Configuration:

Caller Number (i took the same loke UserID & OwnerID)

Line1 on Device SER---Display (Internal Caller ID)=(i took the same loke UserID & OwnerID)

Users Associated with Line=UserID.

On Endpoint:

Configuration\Advanced Configuration\Conference 1\DefaultCall

Protocol=SIP

Configuration\Advanced Configuration\SIP\Profile 1

URI 1: <4 digit number>@

DisplayName : Click to edit...

DefaultTransport : TCP (The most important parameter. Both systems will register with CUCM 8.6.2 and firmware TC 4.2.1 only with that kind of traffic!).

TlsVerify : Off

Type : Cisco

Outbound : Off

Authentication 1

LoginName:4 digit number

Password: 4 digit number

So that is all. Both systems has registered. I took a test on MS. I got EX90, C20, Cisco 9971 and XLite 4 in a one videoconferencing.

My special thanks to Teck Chye Tang, Martin Koch and Olexander Yurchenko who helped me with my settings.

KR

Andriy