Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Expressway-C and Expressway-E in two different domains

Hi

I have following problem with Expressway-C and E.

I have a external domain: example.com where my Expressway-E is located. Then I have a internal domain: intern.example.com where my Expressway-C and CUCM, IMP is located.

I have one public DNS Server - no internal

collab_edge SRV Record is configured for example.com  

When I start Cisco Jabber and try to connect vpnless to CUCM infrastructure, first I type username@example.com

then DNS Lookups are made and finally I try to login with username and password.

On VCS-C I can see in TCP Dump that it try to resolve cisco-phone.....cisco-uds.....cuplogin to example.com

But all the entrys are in internal.example.com. So it will not work and the dns-query gets not answered correctly

Is there a way to fullfill this requirement ?

On VCS I have configured the internal domain - so is it possible that vcs strips example.com and add the internal configured domain: internal.example.com

and make the query to internal domain for cisco-phone.....cisco-uds.....cuplogin with internal.example.com

Most of customers do not have the same domain external and internal.

Kind Regards

reindl_mc

2 REPLIES

Additional Info

I have also configured the Pinpoint domain cisco-internal as described the dns config Guide - but a query through expressway-c is never come through. So is this a bug or is this because of Cisco jabber knows when it gets an answer from the collab_edge then it does not try cisco-internal anymore ?

kind regard

HI,

I have the same problem with the different domains. I really don't understand the outside DNS SRV record of "_collab-edge._tls.OutsideDomain.com"  <---  Only this DNS SRV, how to guide to login to the internal CUCM with the internal domain through the Expressway-C/E?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content