cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Expressway Calls with forced authorization code required does not work.

Hi all!

I have implemented an Expressway collaboration edge, seems to work fine, except for restricted calls that require forced authorization code.

If I log into the LAN (with Jabber obviously) I have no problems for any calls restricted or non-restricted, but If I log in outside of my firewall (using my expressway) I can't complete restricted calls, only the non-restricted calls. In jabber desktop the call never complete  and in the jabber for android or iPhone the call drop instantly.

Tte Termination Cause Code is "(3) No route to destination. The call user can not be reached because the network that serves the called user is inaccesible.

any idea?

CUCM 10.5

vcsce & vcs-c  8.2.1

Jabber version (The last one for Iphone, android, mac and windows)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

waqas sardar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am facing same issue.

How you solved the issue ?

Regards,

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

waqas sardar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am facing same issue.

How you solved the issue ?

Regards,

I could not reseolve this issue, I don't know by now, but at least 2 months ago FAC was not supported for expressway Collaboration edge, and the reason is because the VCS-E could not support that signaling digits (FAC digits). 

E.g. You dial from outside your network, the call flow before pass trhu the call manager first pass through the transversal zone,  but the transversal zone or may I say the VCS servers don't recognize that kind of digits, I mean the FAC digits.

So, I had to give up. 

If you find how to solve it, please let me know.

Regards

This FAC bug on Jabber clients is known since years ago and not yet resolved, I doubt Cisco will ever resolve it.  Usually after pressing the number, I see a "Voice Connect" and an announcement asking for a code but usually it drops from 2 to 5 seconds and varies from internal to external networks. Its a pain for the user experience, and for sites that still wants FAC codes for outgoing calls due to cost sensitivity. Nonetheless, I have found a work around for this by using #, i.e. if you need a PIN code for a outgoing 7 digit with prefix 9 PSTN call you can insert a route pattern 9XXXXXXX# and check requires a FAC code, and on the jabber client all u need is enter 9XXXXXXX#PIN# and send it through at once (Enblock) with or without MRA, the call should go through at least I tested, anyone else can attempt to test this and let me know if it does not work. If the FAC level is not high enough the voice connect voice prompts again for another PIN 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: