cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Expressway Core and Edge (Virtual Machine BE6K) with SX20 via Internet (Public)

Hi everyone,

As my subject above,

is it possible to do these scenario?

SX20 --> CUCM --> Expressway Core --> Expressway Edge --> Internet (Public) --> SX20

SX20 --> Internet (Public) --> Expressway Edge --> Expressway Core --> CUCM --> SX20

So the SX20s registered to CUCM as SIP,

CUCM, Expressway Core, and Expressway Edge runinng on Virtual Machine BE6K.

What licenses that I need to do these scenario?

BE6K licenses? CUWL Standard / TP Room?

Expressway Core and Edge Licenses? Do I need to select Richmedia licenses for each call?

Please advise,

Thanks,

Ovindo

12 Replies 12

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Ovindo,

If both the SX20s are registered to CUCM, then you just need a TP room license. Expressway C/E comes free with the BE6K. You will need Richmedia sessions licenses if you need to call endpoints that are not registered to your CUCM.

Thanks.

Please rate useful posts.

Hi George,

You said that both SX20 registered to CUCM as SIP,

since my CUCM use local IP address,

how can I register my public SX20 to CUCM?

Thanks,

Ovindo

Hi Ovindo,

Thats correct, you can register your SX20 through the Expressways back to CUCM. Its a function of the collaboration edge functionality. 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/expressway-series/datasheet-c78-730478.html

If the SX20 is not registered to CUCM, then it requires a rich media session license to establish a call from your organization to this SX20 out on the internet.

Hi Geroge,

Ok I got it,

another questions, 

I want to deploy MCU 5310 too,

so that MCU 5310 will act as gateway with CUCM for Multipoint call,

All endpoint (SX20, EX90, and Jabber) will use this MCU 5310 for multipoint call.

Those endpoint (SX20, EX90, and Jabber) not only from internal network but also from external network (Internet),

of course all endpoint from external (internet) will use Expressway Edge and Expressway Core.

So,

BE6K with TP Room + CUWL Standard,

MCU 5310 with ports license,

SX20, EX90, and jabber from internal network register as SIP to CUCM directly,

SX20, EX90, and jabber from external network register as SIP to CUCM through Expressway Edge and Expressway Core.

Is it possible to do these scenario?

Thanks,

Ovindo

Yes its possible. You might also want to look at a conductor in your scenario to support adhoc conferencing. The one caveat with Conductor is there are some limitations with scheduled conferencing. Please review the following document to get an idea:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/conductor/optimized_conferencing_solution/optimized_conferencing_for_cisco_unified_cm_solution_guide_2-0.pdf

Hi George,

I have another question,

If I want to login and make a call from/to Jabber from/to outside network (internet), do I need Rich Media Session (RMS) licenses in each Expressway Core and Expressway Edge?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Ovindo

Correct, you will need 1 RMS license on the Exp-C and 1 RMS license on the Exp-E to make one call out to the internet.

Hi George,

So,

If I want to register and make a call from/to TC endpoint (MX,SX, and DX) from/to outside network (internet) --> I don't need RMS licenses on exp-c and exp-e.

and If I want to login and make a call from/to Jabber from/to outside network (internet) --> I do need RMS licenses on exp-c and exp-e.

Is it correct?

Thanks,

Ovindo

You will need RMS license for the TP endpoints as well Jabber if you plan to call out to the internet.

Hi George,

I found this in Cisco Expressway Series

Regards,

Ovindo

Correct. If you have a TP endpoint that is on the internet but registers back to CUCM, no RMS license is required to call it from another TP endpoint/Jabbber that registers to the same CUCM. Does that make sense?

Hi Geroge

In this scenario

SX20 --> Internet (Public) --> Expressway Edge --> Expressway Core --> CUCM --> SX20

All the traffic is going to HQ site, ICE works to avoid this unnecessary trafic? Just signaling go to HQ site and audio/video are directly between sx20?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: