cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Expressway Licensing

rfrome
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm looking for some clarification on licensing for the Expressway Core and Edge.

If I order a BE6000 server and spin up a VM with Expressway, it comes with 5 Traversal and 10 non-traversal. If I want additional B2B functionality I need to order the Rich Media Session Licenses.

Under what circumstances do I use the traversal or non-traversal licenses that come with the product as compared to the RMS licenses I have to buy?

thanks,

rf

4 Replies 4

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Expressway and VCS are two different products but the code base is same. Expressway is more for Mobile and Remote access and doesnt allow H323 registration whereas VCS allows H323 registrations. The 5 Traversal and 10 non-traversal licenses are for VCS and not Expressway. If you need Expressway licenses for video calling another business, then you will need the Rich Media session licenses. You will need the same qty of RMS licenses on both Expressway C/E. 

Please rate useful posts.

outlooker
Level 1
Level 1

Your traversal license could be converted to Rich Media Session license. 

Hong, how do you convert them?

You just need to order the expressway-series license. Once you enter the license into the VCS-C/E, a traversal license will change to a RMS license.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: