Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Expressway Licensing

Hi, I'm looking for some clarification on licensing for the Expressway Core and Edge.

If I order a BE6000 server and spin up a VM with Expressway, it comes with 5 Traversal and 10 non-traversal. If I want additional B2B functionality I need to order the Rich Media Session Licenses.

Under what circumstances do I use the traversal or non-traversal licenses that come with the product as compared to the RMS licenses I have to buy?




Expressway and VCS are two

Expressway and VCS are two different products but the code base is same. Expressway is more for Mobile and Remote access and doesnt allow H323 registration whereas VCS allows H323 registrations. The 5 Traversal and 10 non-traversal licenses are for VCS and not Expressway. If you need Expressway licenses for video calling another business, then you will need the Rich Media session licenses. You will need the same qty of RMS licenses on both Expressway C/E. 

Please rate useful posts.
Community Member

Your traversal license could

Your traversal license could be converted to Rich Media Session license. 

Community Member

Hong, how do you convert them

Hong, how do you convert them?

Community Member

You just need to order the

You just need to order the expressway-series license. Once you enter the license into the VCS-C/E, a traversal license will change to a RMS license.

CreatePlease to create content