Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

External EX-60 redial missed call failed

Here is the current topology:

CUCM ------ VCS-C --- [FW] --- VCS-E --- [cloud] --- EX-60 (SIP)    

|

|

CUBE

|

SIP Trunk to ATT

When an outside caller calls his EX-60 and he misses the call, when he goes to redial the number by selecting the missed call, the call fails.

For an internal EX-60 registered to VCS-C, I have setup a search rule that strips the +, prefixes a 9, and sends it to a local zone to CUCM.

This works just fine

On the VCS-E we have a search rule that strips the +, prefixes a 9, and sends it to TraversalServer.

I noticed under search history that the call is is not hitting our search rule, it is hitting CallsToUnkownIPAddresses via the DefaultZone (Direct).

I assume this is because the call comes in as +1234567890@IP of CUCM Sub, which is unknown to the VCS-E?

The error reported is Temporarily Not Available

How can I get the VCS-E to not route this call to the DefaultZone and hit the search rule I created?

How can I have the VCS-E trust that the IP of CUCM Sub is not an unkown IP address?

I was thinking I could replace the @IP of CUCM Sub with @ourlocaldomain.com and send it to the traversal, but then I would have to have a seperate search rule on the VCS-C which replaces @ourlocaldomain.com with @IP of CUCM Sub.

Is there something I am missing here?

Everyone's tags (6)
Views
Helpful
Replies