cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Failed to create conference "8801 - Test Connect" - duplicate numeric id

Anthony Chan
Level 1
Level 1

Running TMS 13.1 and Codian 8510 SD Blade running 4.20 (1.43)

When I schedule thru TMS using this blade I get the following error:

Failed to create conference "8801 - Test Connect" - duplicate numeric id

However when I schedule TMS using another blade with same software version it is working

Can anyone inform me why this is happening?

Anthony

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

We had the same issue with >=20 conferences on the blade, and I can tell you we had the same

issue and the issue is gone after the upgrade to 4.2 (1.50) and TMS13.1.2 (though the MCU upgrade

alone shall fix it).

And exactly, you got the point in your last message, >=20 conf == problem, <20 == no problem.

From what I got is that the MCU API reported always only the first 20 conferences.

TMS created the new conference (and I also saw a new booked conference on the MCU)

but TMS checked again if it is really there, which went wrong as it was not listed withing the

first 20 and so it failed.

Codian updates might take some time till the blade is up again after the reboot, so be patient :-)

Good success!

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Anthony Chan
Level 1
Level 1

from the TMS log of that event, the first line of the error is

Reallocate failed: Description: numeric ID clash. System: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx Interface: HTTP Command: 'AllocateMeeting' Result from system: 'Error, fault code 18'

after that then I get the other error:

Dial Failed: Description: Did not find conference. System: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx Interface: HTTP Command: 'Dial' Result from system: 'Error'

Yes, that's a bug in between TMS13.1 and 4.20 (1.43):

From the 8420 4.2 (1.50) release notes:

117726 In previous 4.2 releases, when there were more than 20 active conferences on the MCU, the Cisco TelePresence Management Suite (TMS) would fail to create

conferences and report "duplicate numeric ID" errors in the logs. This has been resolved in this release.

So upgrade to

http://ftp.tandberg.com/pub/software/mse_8000/media_blade_8420/42/codian_mcu8400_4.2_1.50.zip

this thould fix yout problem.

I would also consider upgrading to TMS13.1.2

Martin

Please vote the messages and set them to answered if they are.

Then how does that explain on my other 8510 blade having same software revision is working fine?

As well the release notes you mentioned says 8420 Blade and I have 8510 Blade

Thanks

I red the message to fast, only saw "SD blade" which would be 8420.

So either you have a 8510 HD blade (which might run in SD mode) or a 8420 SD blade.

It would be useful to properly specify that.

Anyhow, the release notes are the same for both, the software for the 8510 is:

http://ftp.tandberg.com/pub/software/mse_8000/media_blade_8510/42/codian_mcu8500_4.2_1.50.zip

As you can see there is a bug and it is noted to be fixed. So upgrade to 4.2 (1.50) and TMS13.1.2.

I say the problem will be gone, and if not, open a TAC case.

Martin

yes my apologies there Martin, we have 3 - 8510 Blades and two of them are running in SD Mode, however only one is not working properly and all 3 blades are running 4.2 (1.43)

So it is strange to find that one blade is acting up whereas the other two are fine

I will upgrade but it does not make sense

Anthony

i c now what they meant, the Blade we have issues has 27 active conferences

whereas the other blades have less than 20

Anthony

We had the same issue with >=20 conferences on the blade, and I can tell you we had the same

issue and the issue is gone after the upgrade to 4.2 (1.50) and TMS13.1.2 (though the MCU upgrade

alone shall fix it).

And exactly, you got the point in your last message, >=20 conf == problem, <20 == no problem.

From what I got is that the MCU API reported always only the first 20 conferences.

TMS created the new conference (and I also saw a new booked conference on the MCU)

but TMS checked again if it is really there, which went wrong as it was not listed withing the

first 20 and so it failed.

Codian updates might take some time till the blade is up again after the reboot, so be patient :-)

Good success!

Thanks again Martin,

I am not planning to upgrade TMS to 13.1.2 until later this years as I have to clear up another issue relating to CDR reporting and in discussion with the Cisco TAC

but upgrading to 13.1.2 is not dependant on my current issue correct?  just want  to make sure

Anthony

Especially then I would recomend it :-)

TMS13.1.2 seems to fix a couple of things.

But 4.2 (1.50) should fix the error you reported here

will be submitting a change request to have this upgrade done on Nov 19th so will get back to you when it is successful or not

to update everyone, updated the Codian Bridge to 4.2 (1.50) to all our 8510 Blades and that resolved the issue we had

Thanks

Great to hear and thank you for the feedback!