cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FindMe Account Type - Individual vs Group

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Simple questions, can't find a good answer in the documentation.  What defines a FindMe account to be either individual or group, and how to create a group?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Individual versus group FindMe

The only difference between individual and group FindMe accounts is what happens if one of the devices in the primary list is busy.

For individuals, it is assumed that you can only take calls on one device at a time, therefore if any devices in the Primary list are busy, the call immediately diverts to the devices in the Busy list.
For groups, it is assumed that more than one person is available to take calls, so the call only diverts immediately to the devices in the Busy list if all devices in the Primary list are engaged.

So if you have more endpoints in the primary ringing device and one of lets say two, is busy, then in a group scenario the ep nr two will still ring and in the individual scanario it will jump directly to the device defined as busy device.. If two of two is busy in a group scenario then findme will go to the busy device.

Is this what you where looking for?

/Magnus

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

Hi Patrick

I am pretty sure it is only possible when you manually create a findme account. Imported users or manually created users are automatically generated as individual findme accounts and the account type setting is only visible when you manually create the findme account.

/Magnus

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Individual versus group FindMe

The only difference between individual and group FindMe accounts is what happens if one of the devices in the primary list is busy.

For individuals, it is assumed that you can only take calls on one device at a time, therefore if any devices in the Primary list are busy, the call immediately diverts to the devices in the Busy list.
For groups, it is assumed that more than one person is available to take calls, so the call only diverts immediately to the devices in the Busy list if all devices in the Primary list are engaged.

So if you have more endpoints in the primary ringing device and one of lets say two, is busy, then in a group scenario the ep nr two will still ring and in the individual scanario it will jump directly to the device defined as busy device.. If two of two is busy in a group scenario then findme will go to the busy device.

Is this what you where looking for?

/Magnus

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

--

I think I understand that, however seeing it in action or a diagram might help, guess I'm just not quite getting it.  I've read the descriptions of both individual and group account, which you've noted above from the documentation, however I'm looking for what exactly specifies an account to be a group vs individual.  We currently don't have FindMe, but will be deploying it in the near future, so I'm reading up on it and getting some things in mind for what we might like to do for the calling scenarios.

EDIT:  I did some looking on the FindMe page in TMS, and just happened to notice there was a place to add accounts, similar to the Users page.  Thanks Mangus, your explantion helped, just had to read it again, and it clicked.  I understand it now.

One other note, my plan is to import our users into TMS from AD, and I presume all of those accounts will appear as individual accounts?  Is there a way to specify an imported account to be a group, or is that only possible with manually created users on the FindMe page?

Hi Patrick

I am pretty sure it is only possible when you manually create a findme account. Imported users or manually created users are automatically generated as individual findme accounts and the account type setting is only visible when you manually create the findme account.

/Magnus

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: