jcollins3
Level 1
Level 1

This is from the Cisco Tandberg C40 Codec

*s H323 Gatekeeper Status: Rejected
*s H323 Gatekeeper Address: "62.171.194.50"
*s H323 Gatekeeper Port: 1719
*s H323 Gatekeeper Reason: "Security denial"

I assume that the problem is with the Cisco box and not with SWGFL as the H323 and E164 settings are the same for the Cisco and SWGFL?

The Aethra Vega X3 in the next room works fine as did the Cisco last month.

A lot of expensive equipment not being used, unfortunately we did have a maintenance contract with Logicalis which has expired.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It might be a wrong alias, e164 number, a wrong password, some incompatiblity in between used software

versions, ....

If SWGFL is the provider of your registration service you should check with them whats going wrong and

what they expect to be configured.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi John,

This community is for Cisco Unified  MeetingPlace and Cisco WebEx Meetings Server products. I don't think you are using any of these two solutions. Can you please provide more details about the products you are using and need assistance with, so I can point you to the appropriate community observed by the experts in that specific field? That way you may get the assistance you need.

Thank you.

-Dejan

Sorry

We are using a Cisco Tandberg C40 Codec Video Conferencing equipment.

The problem is that the settings for the Gatekeeper and SWGFL(ISP) are the same but SWGFL say that the alias(H323) settings are incorrect and the Cisco Tandberg C40 is saying Security denial?

TANDBERG Codec Release TC4.2.4

So this expensive video conferencing is not working and I was hoping that someone on the Cisco community might have an answer to this problem?

Thank you

John

No problem, John. You moved your post now to TelePresence community, so you will most likely get a response.

Thank you.

-Dejan

It might be a wrong alias, e164 number, a wrong password, some incompatiblity in between used software

versions, ....

If SWGFL is the provider of your registration service you should check with them whats going wrong and

what they expect to be configured.

Thanks Martin

I have contacted SWGFL and raised a support call and its been over two weeks now, I have had an apology about the slow delay in responding but no fix yet.

The maintenance/service contract was with Direct Visuals which Logicalis took over, tried contacting Logicalis by email no responce also phoned them twice to renew service contract to update software, they promised to phone me but haven't heard anything so I am looking for another Cisco Partner.

John

The settings for the Gatekeeper and SWGFL(ISP)  are the same for both H323 and E164.

I managed to upgrade the TANDBERG Codec Release TC4.2.4 to TC6.0.1 which showed an incorrect E164 number, changed this to same as SWGFL and we are now registered.

Why the E164 number was showing the same as SWGFL with TC4.2.4 but was incorrect I don't know?

John

Hi John!

Thank you for setting the thread to answered and giving a feedback (+5) for that.

In general its the provider which should define how the settings look like.

From here its hard to tell what went wrong. I would not expect the upgrade to be the faulty one.

Some versions also added that the system registers with the system name as well, that might not

be liked by the provider.

In our scenario for example the e164 number is just the number and the h323id is a URI including @domain

If you have more endpoints you know what to look for.

If its critical for you and you have multiple systems where it fails you could consider filing a bug if

you can pinpoint it to the Cisco system. At least I did not experience this issue.

On the other hand you know now how to fix it and if it works for you it should be fine as well ;-)

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: