Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

General Telepresence Design

Hi All,

Im fairly new to the telepresence side of things.. I have a couple of  design questions etc

We have 2x MX300 enpoints and multiple Jabber Video endpoints. We do not have TMS. So one of these MX300 endpoints will be need to sit outside of our network, so we have purchased a VCSE so we can regsiter this endpoint to it.  Now am I correct in saying that this remote unit can make and receive video calls with other external video endpoints?

The reason why its on the outside is because the idea is to hire this unit out to Businesses so they can schedule video conferences with whom they would like.

Is this achievable? of should the MX300 be registered on th VCSE and just sit in a secured DMZ? What are the best practices is designing such a scenario.

Same questions for Jabber for Video.

Really in essence it seems like Im trying to use the VCSE as a relay for trused devices.

I have read whitepapers etc cant seem to find what Im looking for just yet, but if you have any references, please post the links.

Thanks

Ben           

2 REPLIES

Do you talk about the free jabber service?

If not you would require TMS or the VCS-E starter pack.

To nicely deliver video conferencing including uri based dialing you should

register both endpoints to the vcs-e.

The external one can be on a public ip, if you want to offer it as a service

it might be handy for people who can only dial ip addresses to dial that up.

But you can also forward calls hitting the ip of the VCS-E to a specific endpoint address.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Both LIcensed and free. So are you saying that i need TMS to register Jabber for Video Licensed version.

Just to clarify what you are syaing, tha both external and internal MX300 should be registered with the vcs-e not the vcs-c.

I would have thought to register the external with vcs-e and the internal with vcs-e. Are you able to expand your comment " When you say to nicely deliver video." Im not sure I understand the benefits of doing doing so..

thanks for you assistance

Ben

Views
Helpful
Replies