cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

green square on people faces in the remote site - how to remove?

Shy Solenko
Level 1
Level 1

How to remove the green squares on the faces of people in the remote site...

And what is this green squares?

Thanks

Shy

18 Replies 18

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'm going to presume you're using an MCU because you mention "green squares", which if you are, you're seeing a green square to identify the current active speaker in the conference.

See "Active Speaker Display" on page 177.

www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/mcu/admin_guide/cisco-telepresence-mcu-series-printable-online-help-4-5.pdf

If you're not using an MCU, than please be more specific about your environment and how the conference is being held.

Hi

Thanks for the answer but there was no cisco mcu, only 3 endpoints via blue-jeans.

Enclose you will find photo. 

We see the issue from the sx20 site.

Someone familiar with this issue?

Shy

Ah, sounds like it's either something on the BlueJeans end, or one of the endpoints that has some kind facial recognition.  To my knowledge no Cisco codecs would put a green square around ones face.

What are the endpoints that are involved in the conference?

Have you contacted BlueJeans to see if someone on there end might be doing it?

The endpoints are sx10 and sx20.

I checked with blue jeans but they don't have this capabilty.

As far as I know and I haven't seen anything to make me believe it's either the SX10 or SX20, both endpoints run the same software and there is no setting that will do what you're seeing on the screen.  Sounds like to me Blue Jeans is doing something.

I'm with the other guys (Patrick and Martin) on this one.  This is not something that is being done by the SX10 or SX20.

What endpoint is the one that's showing the green square?  Is that one of your Cisco devices, or something else?

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks a lot for all the answers. 

I will chek again with blue jeans and i will update

Shy

Hi Guys,

Even i saw this same issue on my Cisco sx20 device on call, 

during the self view (no call) also i find the green colored square  box on my face, After restating the device issue is resolved.

Hi Friends,

Observe the same problem on SX20 TC6.3. External MCU doesn`t participate.

There is red square on the face and grey rectangle on the speaking person.

Have somebody resolved the issue ?

Best Regards,

Anton

Hi Anton,

As mentioned earlier in this ancient thread that you've posted in, the squares are the functionality of whatever MCU/bridge/etc you have dialled in to, not anything that can be changed on the SX20.  You'll need to contact whoever manages the equipment at the other end that you're connected to to have the squares disabled.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Wayne,

Thank you for the information.

When I observed the issue, it was point-to-point call between SX20 and TANDBERG 150MXP. Also my colleagues observed such behavior during call between SX20 and TANDBERG 95 EDGE.

I`ve uploaded the foto

Are you using some kind of third party camera?  Or does the point-to-point call go via the Bluejeans solution?

Those squares certainly aren't something that would be inserted by an SX10 or SX20.

Looks this is a bug, I got this issue for Cisco Sx20 camera only,  Even i found this issues when there was no call in my self view, Work aground restart the device.

What camera are you using with the SX20? Since you saw the issue on the SX20 while not in a call, if it's a Cisco PrecisionHD camera, you could try swapping the camera with another known working one to See if the issue is the camera or the codec. Or you could try a factory reset of the SX20.