Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

High Memory Usage on VCS-C

Hi all,

Do you any idea or experience regarding the memory usage on VCS-C (VM Deployment)? My Client VCS-C was keep using around 5.2~5.3G out of 6G. Does it normal? or any document talked about this?

Thanks!

Daniel Cheung

2 REPLIES

High Memory Usage on VCS-C

Please alsways give some more information.

Like the software version of your vcs, how it is deployed (for example vmware version)

and also how you gathered the values, if there is any issues and why you wonder about it.

Thats one of our fine workig vcs-e

~ # free -m

total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached

Mem:            5974       5922         52          0         61       2942

-/+ buffers/cache:      2917       3057

Swap:           9546          0       9546

On one hand you might think its just 52mb free ram and 5922 are used, but 2942 are cached,

which is some dynamic value to cache file system access. Like: "if ram not used, use it for something useful".

Maybe that's what you experience here.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi Martin, Good Day. I am

Hi Martin,

Good Day.

I am having the same issue for VCS-E on version 8.2.1 . The userd memory just slowly goes up within month . As you mention before the cached should be consider as the free memory as well . Could i get a confirmtion that the cached actually taking from the ram . Maybe it is taking from other place like hardisk ?

If this has been confirmed . That mean my monitoring tool need to know what is the correct value to collect .

Last login: Wed May 13 10:40:17 EST 2015 from x.x.x.x on pts/0

~ # free -m

total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached

Mem:          5963       5294        668          0        166       3220

-/+ buffers/cache:       1908       4055

Swap:        10240          0      10240

Best regards,

kelvin

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content