cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how do i know the cause of a reboot in a C40?

Hello everyone

I have curious to know the cause of reboot of a C40, today a C40 was rebooted suddenly, there were no electricity issue in the building and anyone did the reboot in local or remote.

I tried read the LOGs but i didn't find the correct line with the details.
There are any way to know it?

We use TC6.3

Regards

2 Replies 2

Luis Campos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Anthony, 

There are many reasons that can cause the codec to reboot or crash, could be cause:

- Hardware issue. 

- Software issue. 

- Temperature of the device is high (Fan issue), Etc. 

In this type of cases, the best to do is try to check the logs after the reboot and try to find any Linux  or any other software error.

Make sure also all the devices that are working together with the codec (Touch panel if have one) are working properly.

Another option is to move the codec a better "new" software version and monitor thedevice on that version.

I hope this can be useful. 

Luis C.

Hello, Anthony

You will be able to find into the logs files(historical logs):

1. kern.log : Contains dump from Kernel while interacting with hardware while booting UP
  2. messages: Provide information related to internal process interaction and file access process. It uses syslog-ng
  3. eventlog\Main.log: Process monitoring, typical you should look here if the system boots.
  4. eventlog\all.log : Contain all log, which include information from all different file into single file.

I think it will be really useful if you check those logs and try to find for error messages and make sure it is the same time the C40 reboot suddently.

If you can not find any useful information, you always have the option to open a TAC case to analyze those logs for you, but how i mentioned before make sure the historical log include the date and the time the issue occurred 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: