Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How many VCS-Expressway can get connect to one VCS Cluster

i have a centeralised VCS-Cluster and a traversal zone created to local  VCS-Expressway from this Cluster. I am planning to put 9 new VCS-Expressway  in other 9 remote locations. So i would like to know is it possile to  create a traversal zone from all these remote VCS-Expressway to this  Centeralised VCSC Cluster???

If you have any document related to this please share it.

Regards,

Nikhil Jayan

3 Replies 3

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I do not know much about your deployment, but often a local VCS-C is used with e loal VCS-E to keep traffic, yes, local.

In your deployment all media will be bound to the VCS-C cluster and if I see it right all VCS-C would make a traversal

client connection to the traversal servers on the VCS-Es.

This might affect the way your traffic flows. If you want to have multiple internet pops and then make sure to

use your internal MPLS towards a centralized location it can be fine.

But if you have the VCS-C cluster in Europe for example, an internal user in Brazil and the VCS-E in Brazil as well

the traffic would flow Internet (Brazil)

-> VCS-E (Brazil) -> transport net to VCS-C (can be internal mpls, internet, ...) Europe -> Endpint (Brazil)

So: Brazil -> Europe -> Brazil

If you expect something like Brazil>Brazil you would need a  VCS-C in brazil as well

Just look at the admin guide regards traversal zones and the cluster guide regarding clustering in general.

VCS documentation can be found here.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps11337/tsd_products_support_series_home.html

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi Martin,

I am planning to register all Video Endpoints from Brazil there in Brazil VCSE itself and have a Traversal Zone created from Brazil VCSE to Europe VCSC-Cluster. The same way i am planing to do the design for all other remote branches as well.

In this scenario the Europe VCS-Cluster will act as core for all other VCSE in remote branches.

I have an existing VCSE is already connected to Europe VCSC-Cluster.

My main concern is how many Traversal Server(VCSE which placed in Remote branches) can get connect to one Traversal Client(VCSC Cluster in Europe)??? is this possible or i need to have VCSC in all other remote locations as well.

Regards,

Nikhil Jayan

9 shall be a peace of cake = no problem.

The admin guide does not define something special besides up to 1000 zones can be defined:

(snip from the x7 admin guide):

You can configure up to 1000 zones. Each zone is configured as one of the following zone types:

* Neighbor aconnectiontoaneighborsystemofthelocalVCS.

* Traversalclient thelocalVCSisatraversalclientofthesystembeingconnectedto,andthereisafirewall

between the two.

* Traversalserver thelocalVCSisatraversalserverforthesystembeingconnectedto,andthereisa

firewall between the two.
* ENUM thezonecontainsendpointsdiscoverablebyENUMlookup.

* DNS thezonecontainsendpointsdiscoverablebyDNSlookup.

But theory and praxis is not the same.

This deployment sounds a bit special and I would contact your Cisco partner to make you aware

of the possible media flow and license usage implications and think of further options/deployment modes.

Please rate my answers by using the stars below!

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: