Helpful
Replies

How to add release key to SX20 TC7.1.0

mbenenso
Level 1
Level 1

After upgrading SX20 to TC7.1.0.48db3d2 got diagnostic error:

CRITICAL: Valid Release Key

Missing release key for undefined. The system will not be able to make any calls. Please add a valid release key.

But in Maintains -> Software Upgrade I could only add Option key, NOT the release key

How I could add *Release* key?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

amehla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

you would not need release key for upgrading above TC 6.3 version.

adding release key tab on GUI is removed for same.

however, you still have option to add it through API, you can use below command:

xcommand SystemUnit ReleaseKey Add : ""

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

amehla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

you would not need release key for upgrading above TC 6.3 version.

adding release key tab on GUI is removed for same.

however, you still have option to add it through API, you can use below command:

xcommand SystemUnit ReleaseKey Add : ""

Perhaps Cisco should have the "add a valid Release Key" link create a popup to enter a release key?  Even though after TC6.1 release key's are no longer needed to upgrade software (hence the remove of the release key area in the codec's UI), in this case an end user needs some easy way to enter a release key without having to go through SSH.

It's a pretty rare case that the system won't have any release key installed on it, so the current ways of adding it (either via SSH, or via the API page on the web interface) should be enough.

But, having a box to type a key in to when clicking on the error could be nice - is the option to add it via the touch panel or remote still there?

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

In this case, there are a few release keys in the SX20:

xcommand SystemUnit ReleaseKey List

*r SystemUnit ReleaseKey 1 Version: "TCNC6"

*r SystemUnit ReleaseKey 2 Version: "R0"

*r SystemUnit ReleaseKey 3 Version: "M3"

*r SystemUnit ReleaseKey 4 Version: "D0"

** end

But the system still complains, that there is no valid release key, so I can not use SX20.

Is it because each release require it's own release key?
If so, release keys for the previous releases does not help. Is it correct?

There's the issue... you have a "TCNC" release key installed, but have installed "TC" software.  You'll need to get a valid "TC" release key for your device, or download and install the "TCNC" software.

If you have a valid service contract you should be able to get a TC yourself from the Cisco Licensing Portal or, contact the TAC and they should be able to provide you with one (if you're in a country that allows the Encrypted Software).

Or, for TCNC, download and install the updated TCNC software (s52011tcnc7_1_1.pkg). See under the "All Releases" section on the download software site.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hola, buen día.

Por dar un reset a valores de fábrica al SX20 (versión: TC6.3.0) me apareció el error:

Missing release key for undefined. The system will not be able to make any calls. Please add a valid release key.

Experimenté todas las posibles soluciones que vienen en este foro y ninguno solucionaba el problema hasta que hice lo que Wayne DeNardi menciona:

If you have a valid service contract you should be able to get a TC yourself from the Cisco Licensing Portal or, contact the TAC and they should be able to provide you with one (if you're in a country that allows the Encrypted Software).

Y fui a dicha página y se solucionó el problema.
Fui a la pagina Cisco Licensing Portal, una vez ahí nos vamos a "Get Other Licenses" después a "Telepresences Software Release Key", nos piden algunos datos del equipo y listo, te mandan por e-mail el código de activación.

Saludos.

Hi Team,

I have below error on Cisco SX20.

As instructed, I have added all 3 release keys that I have downloaded using the command "xCommand SystemUnit ReleaseKey Add Key" and the output is mentioned below. 

xcommand SystemUnit ReleaseKey list

OK
*r ReleaseKeyListResult (status=OK):
*r ReleaseKeyListResult ReleaseKey 1 Version: "D0"
*r ReleaseKeyListResult ReleaseKey 2 Version: "N0"
*r ReleaseKeyListResult ReleaseKey 3 Version: "R0"
** end

I have upgrade from TC7.3.36 to TC7.3.21 and now on CE9.15.3 but, I am still seeing the same error.

Regards,

Redde

You should be able to get a release key for your endpoint from the Cisco License Administration Portal

https://slexui.cloudapps.cisco.com/SWIFT/LicensingUI/Quickstart

Select the "Get Licenses" menu, then "TelePresence software release key", put in your Serial Number and follow the prompts.

Wayne
--

Hi Wayne,
Thanks for your reply. I already tried doing it. However, Cisco site is taking forever after entering the serial number. It's been 2 days that I have been trying to download them from the above link.

Something to check, does the codec support encryption since there is a TCNC release key there.  Perhaps its the wrong software that is trying to be used?

Hi,

Thank you so much for this I needed to upgrade my SX20 from TCNC to TC and could not insert the new Software Release key. I am also doing it remotely so this helped a lot, quickly used putty and bam it's working.

Please Note the correct command is actually: 

xcommand SystemUnit ReleaseKey Add Key:XXXXXX-X-XXXXXXXX

Kind Regards

simonlevente
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

correct command:

xcommand SystemUnit ReleaseKey Add Key : "xxxx"

Works fine!

It seems like adding a release key has been removed completely.

I tried the command 

xcommand SystemUnit ReleaseKey Add Key : "[Key]" 

But got the response:

*r Result (status=Error):
*r Result Reason: "Ambiguous command"
*r Result XPath: "/SystemUnit/ReleaseKey"

Is there another way to add the release key?

Correct command:

xCommand SystemUnit ReleaseKey Add Key:******************

Complete instruction:

xCommand SystemUnit ReleaseKey Add
Add the software release key. Used to enable new software (applicable for main software releases).
Requires user role: ADMIN
Parameters:
Key(r): <S: 16, 24>
Example:
xCommand SystemUnit ReleaseKey Add Key:******************
*r ReleaseKeyResult (status=OK):
** end

The information can be found on the SX20 API reference guide:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/collaboration-endpoints/telepresence-quick-set-series/products-command-reference-list.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: