cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to allow 2 C60 to control 5 1080P Cameras in Daisy Chain

NETe Support
Level 1
Level 1

My customer has a C60 codec connected to 5 units of 1080P cameras in daisy chain. They want to purchase a backup C60 in event the first codec failed, they can switch over to the backup codec via control system. But the customer wanted to switch the camera control from the first codec to the backup codec via control system, is there a solution for this? Is there any RS232 switcher that can swicth the codec camera control from one codec to another codec?

4 Replies 4

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It would be technical possible to do this, but is unlikely to be a Cisco supported solution.

You could use something like this: http://www.l-com.com/security-surveillance-l-com-db9-a-b-switch-box-w-serial-control-non-latching to switch the control cable.

You'd also then need some way of taking all the video feeds from each of the cameras in to the second C60 too, but as you didn't mention that, I'm guessing you have that sorted already.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks alot, this is what I am looking for.

Thanks. Please remember to rate the responses and mark your question as answered.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

some remarks.

if you plan to do some rs232 switching, think of the power that is supplied by the codec.

I would not switch that and already use a power supply for the first camera.

Not sure if it really makes that much sense to have 5 cameras on a C60 as you can not connect all video

inputs at the same time, but sure, an api controllable hdmi or dvi matrix switch might be handy here.

Maybe some external / seperate video camera control system could be worth investigating as well.

Also an external video mixer to switch / blend / compose in between the different cameras could be handy.

Besides that the hdmi and sdi on the Precision HD 1080 cameras should be active at the same time.

So if you use C90s instead you could have 4 cameras active on both codecs at the same time and

the C90 also allows you to place these 4 cameras mixed at the same time in one or two video streams to the remote site.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify