How to configure MCU to dial outside endpoints via auto attendant?
A user wants to be able to call one number and be connected to multiple sites with that one call. Can that be done by dialing an auto attendant on the MCU and once the attendant is called, it knows to call the other sites immediately? Can that be done on the MCU or TMS scheduler?
We are currently using Codian 8510 MCU blades. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks.
How to configure MCU to dial outside endpoints via auto attendan
Hi Tim. I'm not sure of a way to do this from TMS, but one option you can try on the MCU itself:
1) Add the endpoints you want this to connect to as endpoints in the MCU's web page.
2) Build a new conference on the MCU. Provide numeric ID etc so it will register to GK with MCU prefix for registration etc.
3) Setting on the conference configuration: Invite Pre-Configured Participants" and change to "When at least one other participant is present".
4) You can try and set this conference to permanent.
5) Click on "Pre-configured participants" at the bottom left right hand of the screen.
6) Add the endpoints you want the MCU to call out to.
7) Add Conference.
Next, since the conference is registered to GK (pending how you have the MCU configured), have your chairperson dial directly into that conference. Once he joins, MCU will dial the other preconfigured participants and they will connect to the call. They will have to disconnect on there own, with this configuration, and they then return to a "preconfigured participant" status on the MCU. MCU will dial these participants every time someone may join the conference, so may want to try a PIN protection, so that only the person you want to join first has that pin.
Don't see a way that the AA can dial out to other participants. They have to be dialed out from a particular conference.
Are you getting this error “Installer User Interface Mode Not Supported. The installer cannot run in this UI mode. To specify the interface mode, use the -i command-line option, followed by the UI mode identifier. The value UI mode identifiers...
The below trick might come handy when you have to add a new node to a cluster but you don't have or is unsure of the security password for the publisher. This procedure has been around for ages.
1) Login into the CLI of the Publisher.