cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to make or shown VCS Expressway TURN works?

startryst
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, Experts.

My VCS Expressway equipped with TURN, and I found the configuration for TURN is quite simple, it just enable it under VCS Configuration > Expressway > TURN, but no matter I tried, the TURN relay licenses always shown "0" in the "current" row under dashboard of VCS Expressway.

I did my test in this way, two Jabber video client(v4.5, MAC edition) reside in different network behind NAT(no firewall), they call each other, and no matter I turn on or off the TURN services, the video quality always looks good.(The VCS Expressway far away from the two movi), which I guess in both case, the media traffic are sending directly between the two Movi, instead of going up to the VCS Expressway, and then get back, normally we called "hair-pin" traffic.

The result is no matter I turned on or off the TURN service, it always no hair-pin, and alway no TURN relay license been used.

What's going on here? anything wrong? I'm quite confused.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you enable ICE feature on Jabber Video template?

On provisioning template, you need to configure TurnServer address, TurnAuthUsername and TurnAuthPassword.

You also need to configure Authentication realm in VCS-E which use for Turn Server (need to configure user name and password match with TurnAuthUsername and TurnAuthPassword that configured on provisioning template).

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you enable ICE feature on Jabber Video template?

On provisioning template, you need to configure TurnServer address, TurnAuthUsername and TurnAuthPassword.

You also need to configure Authentication realm in VCS-E which use for Turn Server (need to configure user name and password match with TurnAuthUsername and TurnAuthPassword that configured on provisioning template).

I am having a problem with TURN as well.

I have ICE ON.  I have turnAuthUser and Password setup in the 4.5 jabber template. I have same credentials in the VCS.

In the VCS it also has authentication realm.  This is defaulted to TANDBERG.

The error I am getting, I found in a tcpdump on the vcs.

This is happening in a call between a Jabber 4.5 client registered to a VCS to a call on CUCM8.6 trunked to the VCS control.

Hello Tomonori,

Setting up the VCS Expressway as a TURN server looks really straight forward, but the only question I could not resolve is the actual value of the TURN Authentication Realm ? By default it is TANDBERG.

What is the value, we should configure here ?

How is this then mapped to any provisioning parameter for Jabber Video for TelePresence ?

Thanks!

Look at the "Authentication Realm" as a username - i.e. myvcs - then enter this and a password into the local authentication database on the VCS-E.

Next you configure your provisioning template with your chosen "username" and password.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Authentication realm could be any parameter as long as it same as what you configure on your TURN server (i.e. VCS Expressway, configuration under VCS Configuration > Expressway > TURN).

For provisioning, you need to configure following parameters on template:

• Enable “ICE” by selecting “on”
  • Configure TURN server in “TurnServer”
  • Configure  TURN authentication realm user name in “TurnAuthUsername” (same as what  you configure as authentication realm name in TURN server).
  • Configure  TURN authentication realm user password in “TurnAuthPassword” (same as  what you configure as authentication realm password in TURN server).