Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to reject call on ISDN Gateway

We'd like to reject unknown(not permitted) ISDN calls on ISDN Gateway.

For example, for permitted users(telephone numbers), we want to connect them from ISDN to IP network,

but for non-permitted users, we want to reject or disconnect the calls.

Could someone please let me know how to do that?

3 Replies 3

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do you plan to purchase something or do you already have infrastructure in place?

Then the exact type + sw-version of you gw and call control (vcs, cucm, ...) should be mentioned.

At least with the Cisco TP ISDN GW 3241 it should work ok do define your dialplan based on source and

destination numbers.

See dial plans in the doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/isdn_gw/admin_guide/isdn_gw_printable_online_help_2-1.pdf

As this might get quite complex with a lot of external numbers have to be mapped

to a lot of internal numbers a CPL on the VCS can be helpful!

Personally I would not trust sender phone numbers, so if this is for security reasons you

might want to think about additional steps, like a IVR to enter a pin number (you could do that with an

additional Cisco TP IP GW 3500.

Please rate the answer by using the star buttons below.

/

/

L

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi Martin,

Thank you for your advise.

We have ISDN GW 3241(Software version 2.0(1.51)P in non-production environment)

and ISDN GW 8321(Software version 2.0(1.51)P in production environment).

In addition, we have VCS control, VCS expressway, TMS and MCUs.

I've read the detail of dial plan for ISDN GW 3241, but I'm afraid it doesn't seem to answer my question.

Simply speaking, for example, I want to permit only ISDN calls from phone number 0312345678,

and I want to reject all other calls.

Can we do that with CPL on VCS?

If so, could you please advise me how to do that?

Best Regards,

Kotaro

Hi Kotaro,

the VCS admin guide contains explicit instructions on how to create CPL for restricting access to gateway resources, and even has two example CPL code snmippets which you can use as a starting point.

Search the VCS dmin guide for "CPL example: restricting access to a local gateway" for more details.

- Andreas