Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

How to remove @domain from VCS H.323 call payload ?

Hi

I have a VCS-C and VCS-E setup and wish to call an external Polycom VBP that is not using @domain in

its gatekeeper registrations.

Is there any way to alter/transform only the call payload to E.164 only, but yet retain the full E.164@domain

for call routing ?

I believe Polycom VBPs call it ' Send parsed ANNEX O string Outbound '.

I have a large number of sites that work this way and I am trying to avoid asking all of them to manipulate their incoming

strings.

Thoughts ? :)

3 REPLIES

This from their release notes

This from their release notes; "In certain solutions with older 
VBP VOS it may be desired to revert the outbound ANNEX O user@host string to be modified and sent as the user portion only. This option is only needed when dialing ANNEX O destinations to VBP VOS 7.2.2 from VBP VOS 11.2.x systems."

So doesn't look like it applies to your deployment? What happens if you use Alias@IP_address instead of domain?

Another option would be to neighbour your VCS-E with the VBP, use a prefix to send all calls to that destination directly to that neighbour zone; i.e. if the address is 12345@domain.com, and you add a prefix, say, #01, you would dial #0112345, then strip #01 so it'll only use 12345 for the call proper..

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Thanks for the reply !A

Thanks for the reply !

A Polycom solution is feasible, but I would prefer to fix the issue at the single source (Cisco VCS-E)

The Polycom sites I speak of, are often technically weak and independent, so making changes to each site (over 100) is a lot of work and coordination, not to mention the disruption of service.

Nonetheless, I thank you for your input :) 

"A Polycom solution is

"A Polycom solution is feasible, but I would prefer to fix the issue at the single source (Cisco VCS-E)"

Neighbouring will do that, but it looks like you'll have to create a lot of neighbour zones, which might not, in your case, be practical either.

/jens

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content